Re: Good open source mailing list system PHP / Postgresql

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема Re: Good open source mailing list system PHP / Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 11:08, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Christopher>  3) Building templates with embedded code is much
> Christopher> easier/more intuitive in PHP than Perl.
>
> Did you look at Apache::Template and Template-Toolkit?  The work in
> that area has really become a PHP killer for me.  If you did, and still
> have the opinion you have, I'd be curious.

 I did, but that was some time ago, I saw a talk about it when YAPC was
at McGill 2+(?) years ago. I was definitely impressed with it, and we
had considered moving to it (this was right around the time when we were
considering rebuilding in PHP or Perl). Also, at the time one of the big
reasons why it seemed interesting was because I hadn't done any PHP
programming, and I think version 4 was either still beta or really new
(I never would have considered moving from Perl to PHP 3.x).

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher Murtagh