Re: Archives / News gateway

От John Gray
Тема Re: Archives / News gateway
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 15:30, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> John Gray wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've noticed, when using google to look through the newsgroup archives,
> > that the news gateway still seems unreliable. (I switched from news to
> > mail a few months back for this reason). For example, I replied
> > yesterday to the "order by a XML column" message, and my reply came back
> > to me (and is in the mail archives) but hasn't appeared in the newsgroup
> > version (this is using a newsreader attached to news.postgresql.org - so
> > the google archive won't have it either).
> >
> > I don't know what (if anything) can be done about this -but if people
> > are looking for answers on the newsgroups they may think we're being
> > unfriendly when they don't get an answer.
>
> Yes, I have seen the same thing.  Marc wants to know if it shows in at
> NNTP server news.postgresql.org.  I just attached to it and can see
> messages, so please verify the missing messages against that server and
> report back.  Thanks.

The NNTP server news.postgresql.org is the one I'm using -the postgresql
groups aren't carried by my ISP (are they official?).

The only two messages from the "order by a XML column" thread on the
news server are the original, and a reply by Joseph Scraibman.

There are certainly messages on the news server, but they don't
consistute all the messages posted to -general.

Regards

John