Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 19.06.2017 um 03:02 schrieb Patrick B:
> Hi guys.
>
> I just wanna understand the effective_io_concurrency value better.
>
> My current Master database server has 16 vCPUS and I
> use effective_io_concurrency = 0.
>
> What can be the benefits of increasing that number? Also, do you guys
> have any recommendations?

as far as i know, at the moment only bitmap-index-scans would benefit
from higher values. You can try 16 or 32 as starting point.
(if you have a proper io-controller with cache)

(it has nothing to do with parallel execution of queries)

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt ?