Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?

От Tzahi Fadida
Тема Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am just a newbie but logically:
Maybe the answer to that is much simpler.
Ask your network officer to tell you whats the bandwidth you
have on your current office and remote office.
whats the avg:
a. website bandwidth.
b. current postgress office bandwidth.

I never used replication but it seems to me you'll need
a+2*b bandwidth at your current office and 2*b at your remote office
for the period of transition.
If your db size is C then you'll need (C/b)/3600 hrs in transition time.
do the math and if it fits great. If not, well...

Regards,
    tzahi.