Re: postgresql 7.4.2 binary for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: postgresql 7.4.2 binary for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes there are defines which turn off parts of the build and or change dependencies. For example the following sets dependencies for Red Hat 8 (build8x) and turns off python support

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'build8x 1' --define 'python 0' postgresql-7.4.2-1PGDG.src.rpm
I don't know what Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 is equivalent to with regards to desktop versions so can't help you with choosing a correct define.
Have a look at the end of the rpm build script for a list of available defines.

Regards
Donald Fraser
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] postgresql 7.4.2 binary for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1

I have endeavored to do so however, I get these errors....  Is there a way to change the build script(s) to ignore this tcl library requirement?

error: failed build dependencies:
        tcl-devel is needed by postgresql-7.4.2-1PGDG

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Christopher Smith writes:
> Are there any binaries for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1. The OS shipped with Postgresql 7.1.3... I would like to upgrade. Are there any suggestions?

Get a more recent SRPM and do "rpmbuild --rebuild". I haven't tried it
but I know of no reason it wouldn't work.

regards, tom lane

Do you Yahoo!?