Re: Win32 Postgresql Command Line Password

От Iain
Тема Re: Win32 Postgresql Command Line Password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi John,

I havn't spent much time in that section of the documentation, a situation
which should probably be rectified.

Using ~/.pgpass would seem to do the job, and may even be a good solution
under unix/linux.

I don't feel qualified to get into a debate over the relative pros and cons
of trust vs .pgpass, but maybe someone else has something to say.

Also, I noticed that the PGPASSPORD environment variable is deprecated, so
probably best to avoid it if possible.

regards
Iain