Обсуждение: Request to Add Barcelona and Madrid PostgreSQL Meetup Groups to Official Postgres PUGs Page

Hello,

David Pitts (cc'd) and I have recently created two meetup groups to organize Postgres events in Madrid and Barcelona.

We are reaching out to request the addition of our groups to the official Postgres PUGs page on the postgres.org website, as we believe we comply with the community requirements.

Here are the links to our groups:

https://www.meetup.com/barcelona-postgresql-meetup-group/

https://www.meetup.com/madrid-postgresql-user-group/

Although this is a joint effort, we decided to have two separate groups since the cities are 625 km apart and we believe the audiences are different. We have created a LinkedIn page to bring them under the same umbrella:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/barcelona-madrid-postgresql-user-groups

In Madrid, the inaugural event will be next week on May 30. In Barcelona, we are targeting our first event for September 18/19, as the period from mid-June to the end of August is not ideal for events in this region.

However, we are still looking for a host for the Barcelona event. We are in ongoing conversations with a couple of organizations (Gartner, Adevinta) that have shown interest, but we don't have a confirmation yet. Therefore, we are still asking around and would like to finalize this as soon as possible to promote the event in advance. Codesource can host us on November 20. Any suggestions on how to secure a host in Barcelona for the September event would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea

Hello!

I wanted to follow up on this and check if the Madrid and Barcelona PUGs can be added to the PostgreSQL community user groups page: https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

We held the first event in Madrid on May 30th  and we are having the first event in Barcelona on September 19th. Being listed on the page will be helpful to spreading the word.

Thank you,

Andrea

[...]

Barcelona PostgreSQL User Group inaugural meeting - hosted by Microsoft

Photo of Nacho Alonso Portillo
Hosted By
Nacho Alonso P.
Barcelona PostgreSQL User Group inaugural meeting - hosted by Microsoft

Details

Starting a new PostgreSQL Barcelona usergroup, with our first event being hosted in Microsoft's offices. on September 19th.

Schedule
* 6.00pm: Doors open and registration. (30 min)
* 6.30pm: Barcelona PostgreSQL User Group. Welcome message, mechanics, plans for the future. (15 min)
* 6.45pm: Technical session (45 min)
* 7.30pm: Break (10 min)
* 7.40pm: Technical lightning talk (15 min)
* 7.55pm: Socialization around some drinks and snacks (60 min)
* 8:55pm: Leave the premises. (5 min)

Talks will be held in English. Specific topic of the sessions will be announced in the coming weeks.

We also invite you to follow the new joint Barcelona & Madrid PostgreSQL User Groups page on Linkedin.

COVID-19 safety measures

Event will be indoors
The event host is instituting the above safety measures for this event. Meetup is not responsible for ensuring, and will not independently verify, that these precautions are followed.
Photo of Barcelona PostgreSQL User Group group
Barcelona PostgreSQL User Group
See more events
Thursday, September 19, 2024
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM CEST
Microsoft Iberia
C/ de Josep Pla, 2 · Barcelona, CT
Google map of the user's next upcoming event's location
FREE
55 spots left
> On 19 Jun 2024, at 09:52, Andrea Cucciniello <andrea.cucciniello@data-bene.io> wrote:

> I wanted to follow up on this and check if the Madrid and Barcelona PUGs can be added to the PostgreSQL community
usergroups page: https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

I missed your previous email, so sorry for reacting after the meetup happened.
Did you send this request to usergroups@postgresql.org as noted on the user
groups page?

For questions regarding adding items to the website, pgsql-www is generally a
better fit to ensure doesn't miss the message.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

No worries!

I didn't send it to that address, my bad. I will forward the message now.

Thanks!
Andrea