Обсуждение: Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

От
Yugo NAGATA
Дата:
Hi,

I found that "taptest" is missing in vcregress.bat command list in the
documentation when I tested psql and pgbench on Windows. I know there
is a plan to remove MSVC scripts[1], but is it worth adding one line
to the list for now?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/ZQzp_VMJcerM1Cs_%40paquier.xyz

I attached a patch for this case.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>

Вложения

Re: Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 03:32:04PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> I found that "taptest" is missing in vcregress.bat command list in the
> documentation when I tested psql and pgbench on Windows. I know there
> is a plan to remove MSVC scripts[1], but is it worth adding one line
> to the list for now?
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/ZQzp_VMJcerM1Cs_%40paquier.xyz
>
> I attached a patch for this case.

Assuming that the MSVC scripts are gone in v17, and assuming that your
suggestion is backpatched, it would still be useful for 5 years until
v16 is EOL'd.  So I would say yes, but with a backpatch.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 25 Sep 2023, at 08:58, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> I would say yes, but with a backpatch.

Agreed.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Re: Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

От
Andrew Dunstan

Re: Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 11:07:57AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> +1

Thanks, applied and backpatched then.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Doc: vcregress .bat commands list lacks "taptest"

От
Yugo NAGATA
Дата:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 08:18:01 +0900
Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 11:07:57AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > +1
>
> Thanks, applied and backpatched then.

Thank you!

Regards,