Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 16 RC1 + GA release dates

PostgreSQL 16 RC1 + GA release dates

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
Hi,

The date for PostgreSQL 16 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is August 31, 2023.
Please ensure all open items[1] are completed and committed before
August 26, 2023 12:00 UTC.

This means the current target date for the PostgreSQL 16 GA release is
September 14, 2023. While this date could change if the release team
decides the candidate release is not ready, please plan for this date to
be the GA release.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_16_Open_Items

Вложения

Re: PostgreSQL 16 RC1 + GA release dates

Дата:
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> The date for PostgreSQL 16 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is August 31, 2023.
> Please ensure all open items[1] are completed and committed before
> August 26, 2023 12:00 UTC.

FYI, I moved the "Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to
executor crash" open item to the "Older bugs affecting stable branches"
section, because it is in fact an old bug: the given test case crashes
in every branch that has enable_partitionwise_join.  I'll still look
at getting in the fix before RC1, but we should understand what we're
dealing with.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 16 RC1 + GA release dates

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 8/20/23 10:50 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
>> The date for PostgreSQL 16 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is August 31, 2023.
>> Please ensure all open items[1] are completed and committed before
>> August 26, 2023 12:00 UTC.
>
> FYI, I moved the "Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to
> executor crash" open item to the "Older bugs affecting stable branches"
> section, because it is in fact an old bug: the given test case crashes
> in every branch that has enable_partitionwise_join.  I'll still look
> at getting in the fix before RC1, but we should understand what we're
> dealing with.

[RMT hat]

Thanks -- appreciative of the accurate record keeping.

Jonathan

Вложения

Re: PostgreSQL 16 RC1 + GA release dates

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:

Reminder: the RC1 open item[1] deadline is at August 26, 2023 @ 12:00 UTC.