Обсуждение: Wrong passwords allowed

Wrong passwords allowed

От
Atul Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I am having a strange issue that I have a postgres intance running on version 12 in centos 7.

So whenever I am trying to login in the database using psql -W option, I am entering the wrong passwords for that user, even after that I am logging in the database.

So could you help me in telling why is this strange behavior happening.

It is taking any passwords for any user be it right password or wrong password.

What could be the problem?

Regards.

Re: Wrong passwords allowed

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 6/28/23 17:45, Atul Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a strange issue that I have a postgres intance running on
> version 12 in centos 7.
>
> So whenever I am trying to login in the database using psql -W option, I
> am entering the wrong passwords for that user, even after that I am
> logging in the database.
>
> So could you help me in telling why is this strange behavior happening.
>
> It is taking any passwords for any user be it right password or wrong
> password.
>
> What could be the problem?

Not reading this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-pg-hba-conf.html