Обсуждение: Why is char an internal-use category

Why is char an internal-use category

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I see in v15 there is a note that there is a new category for "char" however it is categorized as "internal use"

I would think that char and char(n) would be used by external programs as a user type.

Dave Cramer

Re: Why is char an internal-use category

Дата:
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> I see in v15 there is a note that there is a new category for "char"
> however it is categorized as "internal use"
> I would think that char and char(n) would be used by external programs as a
> user type.

"char" (with quotes) is not at all the same type as char without
quotes.

            regards, tom lane