Обсуждение: Addition of Github link to odument

Addition of Github link to odument

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/tutorial-sql-intro.html

I feel, for the viewers or learners of Postgresql will be benetial to add
the link to the /src/tutorial on PostgreSQL's GitHub page will be easier to
download the tutorial if they used binary installation and missing the
/src/tutorial.

Please consider adding this link in the document ->
https://github.com/postgres/postgres

Re: Addition of Github link to odument

От
Pavel Borisov
Дата:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 at 17:55, PG Doc comments form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/tutorial-sql-intro.html
>
> I feel, for the viewers or learners of Postgresql will be benetial to add
> the link to the /src/tutorial on PostgreSQL's GitHub page will be easier to
> download the tutorial if they used binary installation and missing the
> /src/tutorial.
>
> Please consider adding this link in the document ->
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres

The GitHub link you provided is a mirror of the official PostgreSQL
repo for hackers' usage when we want to check a patch before
submitting. I think the copy of the source-code repo is not the right
place for a newcomer to start. (Though some people indeed start to
know something from GitHub page).

Best regards,
Pavel Borisov