Обсуждение: Postgres question

Postgres question

От
ajay venki
Дата:
Hi ,
I am new to PostgreSQL and i have a general question to clarify. is this the right forum or the mail address to post my questions?

Thanks

Re: Postgres question

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 10:32:26AM +0100, ajay venki wrote:
> I am new to PostgreSQL and i have a general question to clarify. is this
> the right forum or the mail address to post my questions?

Yes, this is the right place.

Best regards,

depesz

Re: Postgres question

От
ajay venki
Дата:
Thanks. I am looking forward to install pgloader tool to migrate my MS SQL data to postgres.
I tried searching it online and the instructions were not clear to me. Is there any article or video which talks about pgloader installation on windows 10 ?

Thanks
Ajay

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 1:24 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 10:32:26AM +0100, ajay venki wrote:
> I am new to PostgreSQL and i have a general question to clarify. is this
> the right forum or the mail address to post my questions?

Yes, this is the right place.

Best regards,

depesz

Re: Postgres question

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
ajay venki schrieb am 17.08.2022 um 14:39:
> Thanks. I am looking forward to install pgloader tool to migrate my MS SQL data to postgres.
> I tried searching it online and the instructions were not clear to me. Is there any article or video which talks
about pgloaderinstallation on windows 10 ?

pgLoader isn't full supported on Windows as far as I know. You will have to build it yourself,
but the manual[1] mentions several problems and drawbacks

It's probably easier to use docker to get it running, rather than trying to build it yourself.

Or don't use Windows to run Postgres - it runs much better on Linux anyway.

Thomas

---
1: https://pgloader.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html