Обсуждение: Removing "plpythonu" in PG 15

Removing "plpythonu" in PG 15

Дата:
I see we removed "plpythonu" when we removed "plpython2u" in PG 15.  Is
there a good reason for that?  We don't have the software version number
in other server-side language names, as far as I know.  We added
"plpython2u" when we were adding "plpython3u", but now that we have
removed "plpython2u", why not just use "plpythonu"?  Do we need to
remove "plpythonu" for a while until everyone has upgraded?

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Re: Removing "plpythonu" in PG 15

Дата:
> I see we removed "plpythonu" when we removed "plpython2u" in PG 15.  Is
> there a good reason for that?

There was extensive discussion of that in the relevant threads,
but basically (1) risk of confusion and (2) most python installations
have removed "python", not redefined it to mean "python3".

            regards, tom lane

Re: Removing "plpythonu" in PG 15

Дата:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 02:53:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I see we removed "plpythonu" when we removed "plpython2u" in PG 15.  Is
> > there a good reason for that?
>
> There was extensive discussion of that in the relevant threads,
> but basically (1) risk of confusion and (2) most python installations
> have removed "python", not redefined it to mean "python3".

Okay, just confirming, thanks.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson