Обсуждение: Update stale code comment in CheckpointerMain()

Update stale code comment in CheckpointerMain()

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
Hi,

The attached patch updates the code comment which is no longer true
after commit # 4a92a1c3d1c361ffb031ed05bf65b801241d7cdd

Amul Sul
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Re: Update stale code comment in CheckpointerMain()

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 30 Nov 2021, at 08:00, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:

> The attached patch updates the code comment which is no longer true
> after commit # 4a92a1c3d1c361ffb031ed05bf65b801241d7cdd

Agreed, but looking at this shouldn't we also tweak the comment on
RecoveryInProgress() as per the attached v2 diff?

Re: Update stale code comment in CheckpointerMain()

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 3:09 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 30 Nov 2021, at 08:00, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The attached patch updates the code comment which is no longer true
> > after commit # 4a92a1c3d1c361ffb031ed05bf65b801241d7cdd
>
> Agreed, but looking at this shouldn't we also tweak the comment on
> RecoveryInProgress() as per the attached v2 diff?

Yes, we should -- diff looks good to me, thanks.

Regards,
Amul

Re: Update stale code comment in CheckpointerMain()

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 1 Dec 2021, at 07:19, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 3:09 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>
>>> On 30 Nov 2021, at 08:00, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The attached patch updates the code comment which is no longer true
>>> after commit # 4a92a1c3d1c361ffb031ed05bf65b801241d7cdd
>>
>> Agreed, but looking at this shouldn't we also tweak the comment on
>> RecoveryInProgress() as per the attached v2 diff?
>
> Yes, we should -- diff looks good to me, thanks.

Thanks for confirming, I've applied this to master.

Re: Update stale code comment in CheckpointerMain()

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 8:24 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> >> Agreed, but looking at this shouldn't we also tweak the comment on
> >> RecoveryInProgress() as per the attached v2 diff?
> > Yes, we should -- diff looks good to me, thanks.
> Thanks for confirming, I've applied this to master.

Thanks both of you.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com