Обсуждение: [DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

[DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

От
"tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Дата:
Hi

When reading the manual doc, I found an inconsistent representation style for the newly added pg_stat_prefetch_recovery
viewin PG14 at [1].

Same problem seems to be reported by Noriyoshi Shinoda who also proposed a patch to fix the problem at[2].
I tried to fix the problem in a way different than Noriyoshi Shinoda which I think is more consistent with the existing
specificview introduction in the same page.

Please take the attached patch as your reference.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-PG-STAT-SUBSCRIPTION

[2]

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TU4PR8401MB1152945E4FD45E99C3F52B94EE4F9%40TU4PR8401MB1152.NAMPRD84.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

Regards,
Tang

Вложения

RE: [DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

От
"houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Дата:
> When reading the manual doc, I found an inconsistent representation style for
> the newly added pg_stat_prefetch_recovery view in PG14 at [1].
> Same problem seems to be reported by Noriyoshi Shinoda who also proposed
> a patch to fix the problem at[2].
> I tried to fix the problem in a way different than Noriyoshi Shinoda which I think
> is more consistent with the existing specific view introduction in the same
> page.
> Please take the attached patch as your reference.

I noticed one more thing.
It seems the column " stats_reset     | timestamp with time zone " is not listed in the pg_stat_prefetch_recovery
view.
Should we add this column too ?

Best regards,
houzj

RE: [DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

От
"tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Дата:
On Friday, April 30, 2021 12:38 PM, Hou, Zhijie/侯 志杰 <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote
>I noticed one more thing.
>It seems the column " stats_reset     | timestamp with time zone " is not listed in the pg_stat_prefetch_recovery
view.
>Should we add this column too ?

Indeed, column added. Thanks.

Regards,
Tang

Вложения

Re: [DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 03:48:27AM +0000, tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Indeed, column added. Thanks.

I was looking at this thread, and please note that there is no need to
do anything here as the WAL prefetch has been reverted for now as of
c2dc1934.
--
Michael

Вложения

RE: [DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

От
"tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Дата:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:42 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>I was looking at this thread, and please note that there is no need to
>do anything here as the WAL prefetch has been reverted for now as of
>c2dc1934.

Thanks for the updating. Got it.

Regards,
Tang

Re: [DOC] pg_stat_replication_slots representation style inconsisitant

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 12:49 AM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:42 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> >I was looking at this thread, and please note that there is no need to
> >do anything here as the WAL prefetch has been reverted for now as of
> >c2dc1934.
>
> Thanks for the updating. Got it.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be re-proposing the feature for 15 and
I've made a note about this thread.