Обсуждение: mingw.org fails to load anything of value

mingw.org fails to load anything of value

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/installation-platform-notes.html

16.7.4. MinGW/Native Windows refers to the site http://www.mingw.org which
for me loads a blank page

Re: mingw.org fails to load anything of value

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 4/3/21 7:01 AM, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/installation-platform-notes.html
>
> 16.7.4. MinGW/Native Windows refers to the site http://www.mingw.org which
> for me loads a blank page

Checking it out this morning, it went to a domain parking page.

Going off of Wikipedia[1], it seems that this is the project page:

https://mingw.osdn.io/

It gets better. The HTTPS link to mingw-w64.org has a cert invalid
error, though the HTTP link works fine.

So I guess we need a few updates. I could propose a patch in a few moments.

Jonathan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MinGW

Вложения

Re: mingw.org fails to load anything of value

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 4/4/21 9:30 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 4/3/21 7:01 AM, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/installation-platform-notes.html
>>
>> 16.7.4. MinGW/Native Windows refers to the site http://www.mingw.org which
>> for me loads a blank page
>
> Checking it out this morning, it went to a domain parking page.
>
> Going off of Wikipedia[1], it seems that this is the project page:
>
> https://mingw.osdn.io/
>
> It gets better. The HTTPS link to mingw-w64.org has a cert invalid
> error, though the HTTP link works fine.
>
> So I guess we need a few updates. I could propose a patch in a few moments.

Diving deeper while updating the links, I stumbled across this note:

"The MinGW.org web‑site is undergoing an overhaul, whilst in the process
of transferring to a new hosting provider. During this transitional
phase, some pages may be temporarily unavailable."[1]

So it appears this is part of a migration.

Anyway, here is a patch updating the URLs.

Jonathan

[1] https://mingw.osdn.io/index.html?page=docs.html

Вложения

Re: mingw.org fails to load anything of value

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 09:47:08AM -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Diving deeper while updating the links, I stumbled across this note:
>
> "The MinGW.org web‑site is undergoing an overhaul, whilst in the process
> of transferring to a new hosting provider. During this transitional
> phase, some pages may be temporarily unavailable."[1]
>
> So it appears this is part of a migration.
>
> Anyway, here is a patch updating the URLs.

Are we sure that mingw.org is completely dead?  The message showing up
on their site seems to mean that this URL change is just temporary?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: mingw.org fails to load anything of value

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 4/4/21 9:30 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 09:47:08AM -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Diving deeper while updating the links, I stumbled across this note:
>>
>> "The MinGW.org web‑site is undergoing an overhaul, whilst in the process
>> of transferring to a new hosting provider. During this transitional
>> phase, some pages may be temporarily unavailable."[1]
>>
>> So it appears this is part of a migration.
>>
>> Anyway, here is a patch updating the URLs.
>
> Are we sure that mingw.org is completely dead?  The message showing up
> on their site seems to mean that this URL change is just temporary?

We would have to ask directly to clarify, but mingw.org domain itslf
looks very much like a parked domain.

Jonathan

Вложения