Обсуждение: git mirror stuck?

git mirror stuck?

Дата:
I pushed something to gitmaster about half an hour ago, but
it's not yet shown up on the mirror server or gitweb.

            regards, tom lane

Re: git mirror stuck?

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 11:33:51PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I pushed something to gitmaster about half an hour ago, but
> it's not yet shown up on the mirror server or gitweb.

It seems that there are some problems on the infrastructure, e.g.
https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/2021-03/ returns a 503 while
static documentation pages still work.

Re: git mirror stuck?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 7:20 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 11:33:51PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I pushed something to gitmaster about half an hour ago, but
> > it's not yet shown up on the mirror server or gitweb.
>
> It seems that there are some problems on the infrastructure, e.g.
> https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/2021-03/ returns a 503 while
> static documentation pages still work.

Yeah, we had a network issue in one of our datacenters, and
unfortunately it seems none of our US based pginfra people noticed.
The affected network gear was rebooted when I got up this morning, so
things should've mostly recovered now but there are a few queues that
are still waiting to drain.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: git mirror stuck?

Дата:
> Yeah, we had a network issue in one of our datacenters, and
> unfortunately it seems none of our US based pginfra people noticed.
> The affected network gear was rebooted when I got up this morning, so
> things should've mostly recovered now but there are a few queues that
> are still waiting to drain.

It's five hours later and still no git mirror update.

            regards, tom lane

Re: git mirror stuck?

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 3/20/21 11:03 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, we had a network issue in one of our datacenters, and
>> unfortunately it seems none of our US based pginfra people noticed.
>> The affected network gear was rebooted when I got up this morning, so
>> things should've mostly recovered now but there are a few queues that
>> are still waiting to drain.
>
> It's five hours later and still no git mirror update.

Stephen and I looked at it and think the next commit would have sync'd up your
change. But Stephen went ahead and forced it to sync.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: git mirror stuck?

Дата:
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> On 3/20/21 11:03 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's five hours later and still no git mirror update.

> Stephen and I looked at it and think the next commit would have sync'd up your
> change. But Stephen went ahead and forced it to sync.

Yeah, I suspected the same.  Thanks!

            regards, tom lane

Re: git mirror stuck?

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 3/20/21 12:14 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> On 3/20/21 11:03 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> It's five hours later and still no git mirror update.
>
>> Stephen and I looked at it and think the next commit would have sync'd up your
>> change. But Stephen went ahead and forced it to sync.
>
> Yeah, I suspected the same.  Thanks!

FWIW I also created a "Standard Operating Procedure" on the pginfra trac, so
next time it will be easier to resolve hopefully :-)

https://pmt.postgresql.org/trac/wiki/CheckGitInSync

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: git mirror stuck?

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 3/20/21 12:25 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 3/20/21 12:14 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>>
>>> Stephen and I looked at it and think the next commit would have sync'd up your
>>> change. But Stephen went ahead and forced it to sync.
>>
>> Yeah, I suspected the same.  Thanks!
>
> FWIW I also created a "Standard Operating Procedure" on the pginfra trac, so
> next time it will be easier to resolve hopefully :-)
>
> https://pmt.postgresql.org

I guess I should point out that this trac is not public however...it is
sysadmins only...

Joe