Обсуждение: A very confusing line...

A very confusing line...

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/role-membership.html

I guess the phrase
because joe “inherits” admin's privileges

should be changed to
because joe was granted admin's privileges.

The point is, otherwise he inherits something that is not inheritable...

Re: A very confusing line...

Дата:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> I guess the phrase
> because joe “inherits” admin's privileges

> should be changed to
> because joe was granted admin's privileges.

> The point is, otherwise he inherits something that is not inheritable...

Sure it's inheritable, according to the terminology being used here
(which is baked into the CREATE/ALTER ROLE syntax, so we're not
going to change it lightly).

            regards, tom lane