Обсуждение: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
Hi,

I was going to upgrade some of my servers to PostgreSQL 13 and noticed
that the postgresql-13 could not be found. The reason seems to be that
the files at
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/13/binary-amd64/
are empty.

Andreas

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:47 AM Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was going to upgrade some of my servers to PostgreSQL 13 and noticed
> that the postgresql-13 could not be found. The reason seems to be that
> the files at
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/13/binary-amd64/
> are empty.

How is your repo configured? Mine's picking up the 13 version just
fine, but it's picking it out of "main"....

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
On 11/13/20 10:50 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:47 AM Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was going to upgrade some of my servers to PostgreSQL 13 and noticed
>> that the postgresql-13 could not be found. The reason seems to be that
>> the files at
>> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/13/binary-amd64/
>> are empty.
>
> How is your repo configured? Mine's picking up the 13 version just
> fine, but it's picking it out of "main"....

"main" works but "13" is broken. See the attached screenshots.

Andreas

Вложения

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:53 AM Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:

> On 11/13/20 10:50 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:47 AM Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I was going to upgrade some of my servers to PostgreSQL 13 and noticed
> >> that the postgresql-13 could not be found. The reason seems to be that
> >> the files at
> >> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/13/binary-amd64/
> >> are empty.
> >
> > How is your repo configured? Mine's picking up the 13 version just
> > fine, but it's picking it out of "main"....
>
> "main" works but "13" is broken. See the attached screenshots.

Christoph may correct me on this later, but "13" is for the beta
version of 13 I believe, and there is no longer a beta version :)

What exactly does your repo config look like?  Per the apt FAQ it
should be something like
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main 13

Do you by any chance have it set up with *only* 13, and no main?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
On 11/13/20 10:55 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Christoph may correct me on this later, but "13" is for the beta
> version of 13 I believe, and there is no longer a beta version :)

I do not think so, but I may be wrong, since
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/ has versions
all the way back to 8.2 and all of those seem to work. As far as I can
tell from some random samples is that it is only 13 that is broken.

> What exactly does your repo config look like?  Per the apt FAQ it
> should be something like
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main 13
>
> Do you by any chance have it set up with *only* 13, and no main?

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg 13

And the reason I have it like that, which may be misguided, is because I
do not want it to install libpq from PostgreSQL 14 when PostgreSQL 14 is
released. I prefer having everything installed from PostgreSQL 13 if
possible.

Andreas

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 11:03 AM Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:

> On 11/13/20 10:55 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Christoph may correct me on this later, but "13" is for the beta
> > version of 13 I believe, and there is no longer a beta version :)
>
> I do not think so, but I may be wrong, since
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/ has versions
> all the way back to 8.2 and all of those seem to work. As far as I can
> tell from some random samples is that it is only 13 that is broken.
>
> > What exactly does your repo config look like?  Per the apt FAQ it
> > should be something like
> > deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main 13
> >
> > Do you by any chance have it set up with *only* 13, and no main?
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg 13
>
> And the reason I have it like that, which may be misguided, is because I
> do not want it to install libpq from PostgreSQL 14 when PostgreSQL 14 is
> released. I prefer having everything installed from PostgreSQL 13 if
> possible.

My understanding is you're still supposed to list "main", and that's
what's in the instructions for it

(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Magnus Hagander
> My understanding is you're still supposed to list "main", and that's
> what's in the instructions for it

(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository).

Correct. None of the NN components are self-contained.

See also http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/README which I
put there for people looking more closely at the pool structure than
the instructions.

Christoph

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
On 11/13/20 11:22 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Magnus Hagander
>> My understanding is you're still supposed to list "main", and that's
>> what's in the instructions for it

(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository).

> Correct. None of the NN components are self-contained.
>
> See also http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/README which I
> put there for people looking more closely at the pool structure than
> the instructions.

Good to know, I will fix that. Thanks! But "13" is still broken which
you can see from the empty Packages file.

Andreas

Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
On 11/13/20 11:27 AM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> On 11/13/20 11:22 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
>> Re: Magnus Hagander
>>> My understanding is you're still supposed to list "main", and that's
>>> what's in the instructions for it

(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository).

>> Correct. None of the NN components are self-contained.
>>
>> See also http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/README which I
>> put there for people looking more closely at the pool structure than
>> the instructions.
>
> Good to know, I will fix that. Thanks! But "13" is still broken which
> you can see from the empty Packages file.

Sorry for the noise. Obviously it should be empty if all packages are
already in "main".

Andreas