Обсуждение: Possible Example Error in Documentation

Possible Example Error in Documentation

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/plpgsql-transactions.html

We are using Postgres 12. When I use the example given for
transaction_test1() from the documentation here:
https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/12/plpgsql-transactions.html/,
the procedure is created without incident.  However, when I attempt "CALL
transaction_test1();", I receive the "invalid transaction termination"
error.

Please correct the documentation if the example is flawed, or add an
explanation on the page if we need to set specific environment variables.

Thank you.

Re: Possible Example Error in Documentation

> We are using Postgres 12. When I use the example given for
> transaction_test1() from the documentation here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/12/plpgsql-transactions.html/,
> the procedure is created without incident.  However, when I attempt "CALL
> transaction_test1();", I receive the "invalid transaction termination"
> error.

Hmm, it works for me.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Possible Example Error in Documentation

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 11/5/20 7:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/plpgsql-transactions.html
>
>> We are using Postgres 12. When I use the example given for
>> transaction_test1() from the documentation here:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/12/plpgsql-transactions.html/,
>> the procedure is created without incident.  However, when I attempt "CALL
>> transaction_test1();", I receive the "invalid transaction termination"
>> error.
>
> Hmm, it works for me.

Ditto.

I did get that error message if I put a "BEGIN;" statement before
executing the CALL statement.

Jonathan

Re: Possible Example Error in Documentation

От
John Burgoon
Дата:
Thanks, everyone.

This morning when I opened the file and ran it, everything worked fine.  Beats me what was happening, but the overnight reboot took care of it.

I should know by now to try turning it off and back on again...  ;)

Thanks so much.

--
By morning, there was no evidence of what had happened between us, or not happened. How everything depends.
The sound of bees beginning to stir a last time all over again in the walls of a house left wintering. -- Carl Philips