Обсуждение: BUG #16640: Documentation table formatting issue

BUG #16640: Documentation table formatting issue

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      16640
Logged by:          Valentin Baert
Email address:      valentin.baert@everysens.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.0
Operating system:   Linux Mint 20

Hello,
I have noticed that in the documentation of Postgresql 13 on the website for
example at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/functions-json.html the table
are all messed up.
Compared to the same table in the previous version
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-json.html
It has probably already been reported, but I'm not sure how to check for old
issues, so just in case.
Thanks
Valentin

Re: BUG #16640: Documentation table formatting issue

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 29 Sep 2020, at 00:14, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have noticed that in the documentation of Postgresql 13 on the website for
> example at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/functions-json.html the table
> are all messed up.
> Compared to the same table in the previous version
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-json.html

This was an intentional change, made in order to better fit wide content.

cheers ./daniel

Re: BUG #16640: Documentation table formatting issue

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 12:26:46PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 29 Sep 2020, at 00:14, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have noticed that in the documentation of Postgresql 13 on the website for
> > example at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/functions-json.html the table
> > are all messed up.
> > Compared to the same table in the previous version
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-json.html
>
> This was an intentional change, made in order to better fit wide content.

I didn't notice it before - is there any change this change could be
rolled back?

Previous layout makes the information trivial to see and easy to diff
visually between doc versions.

New version, in my opinion, is much worse when it comes to readability.

Best regards,

depesz