Обсуждение: Fix an old description in high-availability.sgml

Fix an old description in high-availability.sgml

От
Masahiko Sawada
Дата:
Hi,

The following sentence in high-availability.sgml is not true:

    The background writer is active during recovery and will perform
    restartpoints (similar to checkpoints on the primary) and normal block
    cleaning activities.

I think this is an oversight of the commit 806a2ae in 2011; the
checkpointer process started to be responsible for creating
checkpoints.

I've attached the patch.

Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Fix an old description in high-availability.sgml

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 04:53:54PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> The following sentence in high-availability.sgml is not true:
>
>     The background writer is active during recovery and will perform
>     restartpoints (similar to checkpoints on the primary) and normal block
>     cleaning activities.
>
> I think this is an oversight of the commit 806a2ae in 2011; the
> checkpointer process started to be responsible for creating
> checkpoints.

Good catch it is.  Your phrasing looks good to me.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Fix an old description in high-availability.sgml

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 05:15:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Good catch it is.  Your phrasing looks good to me.

Fixed as b4f1639.  Thanks.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Fix an old description in high-availability.sgml

От
Masahiko Sawada
Дата:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 10:32, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 05:15:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Good catch it is.  Your phrasing looks good to me.
>
> Fixed as b4f1639.  Thanks.

Thank you!

Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/