Обсуждение: Need free PG odbc driver for Windows 10

Need free PG odbc driver for Windows 10

От
David Gauthier
Hi:

I need a free odbc driver for PG to be installed on Windows 10 that my user community can easily install.  By "easily install" I mean no binaries, no zipped file, etc... just point-click-install (with the usual confirmations and accepting default destinations for the code and such).

Devart used to give this away and I have a copy on my laptop.  But apparently it's not free anymore.

If it matters, the PG DB they will be accessing is on linux, psql (9.3.2, server 11.3)

Thanks !

Re: Need free PG odbc driver for Windows 10

От
Igor Korot
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:40 AM David Gauthier
<davegauthierpg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I need a free odbc driver for PG to be installed on Windows 10 that my user community can easily install.  By "easily
install"I mean no binaries, no zipped file, etc... just point-click-install (with the usual confirmations and accepting
defaultdestinations for the code and such).

> Devart used to give this away and I have a copy on my laptop.  But apparently it's not free anymore.
>
> If it matters, the PG DB they will be accessing is on linux, psql (9.3.2, server 11.3)

If I understand correctly, there is a free ODBC driver on the
PostgreSQL download page.

Thank you.

> Thanks !

Re: Need free PG odbc driver for Windows 10

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/

And the downloads are here: https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

Re: Need free PG odbc driver for Windows 10

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 7/28/20 9:40 AM, David Gauthier wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I need a free odbc driver for PG to be installed on Windows 10 that my
> user community can easily install.  By "easily install" I mean no
> binaries, no zipped file, etc... just point-click-install (with the
> usual confirmations and accepting default destinations for the code and
> such).
>
> Devart used to give this away and I have a copy on my laptop.  But
> apparently it's not free anymore.
>
> If it matters, the PG DB they will be accessing is on linux, psql
> (9.3.2, server 11.3)

See Thomas Kellerer's post for link to MSI downloads. Are your
applications that use this 32 bit or 64 bit or both?  If there is 32 bit
in the mix then you might want to take a look at:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/faq.html

6.8) Installing psqlODBC on 64bit Windows

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com