Обсуждение: periodic refresh of pre-production stages

periodic refresh of pre-production stages

От
"Zwettler Markus (OIZ)"

hi,

we have to refresh our DEV and UAT stages periodically with PRD data.

we will to do this by cloning the whole cluster using pg_basebackup or restoring our filesystem backup (data + archive).

I saw that the database system identifier stays the same. is there any complication on this?

thx

Re: periodic refresh of pre-production stages

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 2/7/20 8:48 AM, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:
> hi,
>
> we have to refresh our DEV and UAT stages periodically with PRD data.
>
> we will to do this by cloning the whole cluster using pg_basebackup or
> restoring our filesystem backup (data + archive).
>
> I saw that the database system identifier stays the same. is there any
> complication on this?

Not that I am aware of. To learn more about it's purpose:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/protocol-replication.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com