Обсуждение: "Resend" in mail archive does not recognize the change of emailaddress

"Resend" in mail archive does not recognize the change of emailaddress

От
"tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com"
Дата:
Hello,

I changed my email address by clicking "change" on the following page, clicked the link in the confirmation mail, and
checkedthat the change was reflected in the following profile page.

https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/

Then, I logged out and logged in again from the CommitFest app.  But the "Resend" in the mail archive still shows the
previousemail.  How can I resend the mail to a new email address?

Feature request:
Do you think you can let the user choose among registered email addresses when resending?  Actually, I didn't want to
changethe main email address as above; I want to continue to use my private address as the main address, and sometimes
resendold emails to my corporate email address.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Re: "Resend" in mail archive does not recognize the change of email address

От
Magnus Hagander

I changed my email address by clicking "change" on the following page, clicked the link in the confirmation mail, and checked that the change was reflected in the following profile page.

https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/

Then, I logged out and logged in again from the CommitFest app.  But the "Resend" in the mail archive still shows the previous email.  How can I resend the mail to a new email address?

Hi!

The problem is probably that you logged out of the commitfest app, but the resend is in the mail archive.  Which are not the same.

Unfortunately we don't have an explicit logout for that one -- something we should fix. The quick fix is to delete the cookies related to "archives" (there should be at least one called archivessession), that should trigger a refresh of the data the next time you try the resend functionality.

(And yes, even more so we should find a way to sync the data over there more live. This is unfortunately a known problem with the current setup)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> The problem is probably that you logged out of the commitfest app, but the
> resend is in the mail archive.  Which are not the same.

Right, I logged out of the CF app.  I misunderstood that one account is used for both postgresql.org and CF app.

> Unfortunately we don't have an explicit logout for that one -- something we
> should fix. The quick fix is to delete the cookies related to "archives" (there
> should be at least one called archivessession), that should trigger a refresh of
> the data the next time you try the resend functionality.

Thanks, I succeeded by deleting the cookie file for postgresql.org in Internet Explorer, logged in to postgresql.org,
andthen clicked resend.  The new email address was displayed as the target.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa