Обсуждение: Remove obsolete options for createuser

Remove obsolete options for createuser

От
Alexander Lakhin
Дата:
Hello hackers,

I've noticed that the createuser utility supports two undocumented
options (--adduser, --no-adduser), that became obsolete in 2005.
I believe that their existence should come to end someday (maybe
today?). The patch to remove them is attached.

Best regards.
Alexander

Вложения

Re: Remove obsolete options for createuser

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 03:34:56PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> I've noticed that the createuser utility supports two undocumented
> options (--adduser, --no-adduser), that became obsolete in 2005.
> I believe that their existence should come to end someday (maybe
> today?). The patch to remove them is attached.

The commit in question is 8ae0d47 from 2005.  So let's remove it.  It
is not even documented for ages.

Perhaps somebody thinks it is not a good idea?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Remove obsolete options for createuser

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 01:33:08PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The commit in question is 8ae0d47 from 2005.  So let's remove it.  It
> is not even documented for ages.
>
> Perhaps somebody thinks it is not a good idea?

Done.  A similar move could be done for --encrypted which has been
made a no-op as of eb61136, still that feels way too early.
--
Michael

Вложения