Обсуждение: Wrong sentence in the README?

Wrong sentence in the README?

От
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)"
Дата:
Hi,

in the README, top level, there is this:

PostgreSQL has many language interfaces, many of which are listed here:
https://www.postgresql.org/download

I don't think the download page lists any language interfaces or do I miss something?

Regards
Daniel

Re: Wrong sentence in the README?

Дата:
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
> in the README, top level, there is this:

> PostgreSQL has many language interfaces, many of which are listed here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/download

> I don't think the download page lists any language interfaces or do I miss something?

Not directly on that page, though if you drill down into the "software
catalogue" you can find them.

Since there's already a link to that same page a bit further down in
the file, I'm inclined to just remove the quoted sentence.  Maybe
add something about "and related software" to the later link.  Certainly
"language interfaces" is just one small part of that.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Wrong sentence in the README?

От
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)"
Дата:
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
>> in the README, top level, there is this:

>> PostgreSQL has many language interfaces, many of which are listed here:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/download

>> I don't think the download page lists any language interfaces or do I miss something?

>Not directly on that page, though if you drill down into the "software
>catalogue" you can find them.

>Since there's already a link to that same page a bit further down in
>the file, I'm inclined to just remove the quoted sentence.  Maybe
>add something about "and related software" to the later link.  Certainly
>"language interfaces" is just one small part of that.

Thank you, Tom. I'll try to come up with a patch for that in the next days.

Regards
Daniel

Re: Wrong sentence in the README?

Дата:
On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 12:28:02PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
> > in the README, top level, there is this:
>
> > PostgreSQL has many language interfaces, many of which are listed here:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/download
>
> > I don't think the download page lists any language interfaces or do I miss something?
>
> Not directly on that page, though if you drill down into the "software
> catalogue" you can find them.
>
> Since there's already a link to that same page a bit further down in
> the file, I'm inclined to just remove the quoted sentence.  Maybe
> add something about "and related software" to the later link.  Certainly
> "language interfaces" is just one small part of that.

Four years later, attached patch applied to master to implement these
changes.