Обсуждение: ODBC Compatibility Question II

ODBC Compatibility Question II

От
"Lindner, Dirk"

Hello,

please excuse my rather simple question, but since I have not found an answer after a long search, I'll contact you.

My question is, if I can always use the latest ODBC driver with older database server versions. For example, ODBC version 11 with DB Cluster 9.6?

Thanks

Dirk Lindner

Universitaet der Kuenste Berlin

Referat für Planung, Organisation und Datenverarbeitung

Einsteinufer 43-53, 10587 Berlin

(  Tel. 030 3185 2158

0  Fax  030 3185 2781

* E-Mail: dvorg23@intra.udk-berlin.de

ü  WWW   : www.udk-berlin.de

P Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary

Вложения

Re: ODBC Compatibility Question II

От
Clemens Ladisch
Дата:
Lindner, Dirk wrote:
> My question is, if I can always use the latest ODBC driver with older
> database server versions.

No; servers older than 7.4 used a different network protocol.

But if your server is 7.4 or newer (i.e., is less then sixteen years old),
then you can use the latest ODBC driver (or any version since 7.4).

Regards,
Clemens