Обсуждение: BUG #15886: I cannot install postgres

BUG #15886: I cannot install postgres

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      15886
Logged by:          arsoft cr
Email address:      arsoftcr@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.4
Operating system:   windows 10

The database cluster initialisation failed. How can i fix this?

Re: BUG #15886: I cannot install postgres

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 5:04 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      15886
> Logged by:          arsoft cr
> Email address:      arsoftcr@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 11.4
> Operating system:   windows 10
>
> The database cluster initialisation failed. How can i fix this?

Based on that amount of information, I have no idea, and neither will
anyone else.  If you mention which installer you're using, where you
got it, what steps you followed, and what happened, and especially if
you also included the contents of the installer log file that got
generated, somebody might be able to figure out what went wrong.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: BUG #15886: I cannot install postgres

От
Euler Taveira
Дата:
Em sex, 5 de jul de 2019 às 10:33, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 5:04 PM PG Bug reporting form
> <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Bug reference:      15886
> > Logged by:          arsoft cr
> > Email address:      arsoftcr@gmail.com
> > PostgreSQL version: 11.4
> > Operating system:   windows 10
> >
> > The database cluster initialisation failed. How can i fix this?
>
> Based on that amount of information, I have no idea, and neither will
> anyone else.  If you mention which installer you're using, where you
> got it, what steps you followed, and what happened, and especially if
> you also included the contents of the installer log file that got
> generated, somebody might be able to figure out what went wrong.

This message seems to be from EDB installer, no? This error message is
so popular that I suggest that additional information should be added
to help users figure out what's wrong with postgres installation.
Message doesn't say anything useful. Maybe 'check
%TEMP%/install-postgresql.log' would be helpful or even add a
troubleshooting URL.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/