Обсуждение: Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

От
Igal Sapir
Дата:
I'm doing a presentation about Postgres to SQL Server users this weekend, and I want to showcase some of the big names that use Postgres, e.g. MasterCard, Government agencies, Banks, etc.

There used to be a Wiki page of Featured Users but that link is broken now.

I also "found" a page about MasterCard at the EnterpriseDB website, but that one throws an error with too many redirects.

Any suggestions on where to find a recent user list?  Thanks!

Re: Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
On 11 June 2019 19:45:27 CEST, Igal Sapir <igal@lucee.org> wrote:
>I'm doing a presentation about Postgres to SQL Server users this
>weekend,
>and I want to showcase some of the big names that use Postgres, e.g.
>MasterCard, Government agencies, Banks, etc.
>
>There used to be a Wiki page of Featured Users but that link is broken
>now.
>
>I also "found" a page about MasterCard at the EnterpriseDB website, but
>that one throws an error with too many redirects.
>
>Any suggestions on where to find a recent user list?  Thanks!

Not so easy, we have a lot of big customers, but we are not allowed to tell the names ...

You can visit our page, we have some case studies ...

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company

Re: Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

От
"Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl"
Дата:
W dniu 2019-06-11 o 19:45, Igal Sapir pisze:
> I'm doing a presentation about Postgres to SQL Server users this weekend, and I want to showcase
> some of the big names that use Postgres, e.g. MasterCard, Government agencies, Banks, etc.

You might be interested in this:
https://www.theguardian.com/info/2018/nov/30/bye-bye-mongo-hello-postgres

Re: Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

От
Chris Travers
Дата:
At Adjust GmbH we have 5-10 PB data in Postgres.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:28 PM Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl <ipluta@wp.pl> wrote:
W dniu 2019-06-11 o 19:45, Igal Sapir pisze:
> I'm doing a presentation about Postgres to SQL Server users this weekend, and I want to showcase
> some of the big names that use Postgres, e.g. MasterCard, Government agencies, Banks, etc.

You might be interested in this:
https://www.theguardian.com/info/2018/nov/30/bye-bye-mongo-hello-postgres

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.

Re: Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

От
Igal Sapir
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:11 PM Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com> wrote:
At Adjust GmbH we have 5-10 PB data in Postgres.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:28 PM Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl <ipluta@wp.pl> wrote:
W dniu 2019-06-11 o 19:45, Igal Sapir pisze:
> I'm doing a presentation about Postgres to SQL Server users this weekend, and I want to showcase
> some of the big names that use Postgres, e.g. MasterCard, Government agencies, Banks, etc.

You might be interested in this:
https://www.theguardian.com/info/2018/nov/30/bye-bye-mongo-hello-postgres

Andreas - unfortunately I do not recognize any of the names so it's probably European entities that are not very popular here.

Ireneusz - I love the article!  Will definitely use this.

Chris - very impressive!  I will mention it in my talk.

Thank you all,

Igal

Re: Featured Big Name Users of Postgres

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Igal Sapir schrieb am 12.06.2019 um 07:58:
> Andreas - unfortunately I do not recognize any of the names so it's probably European entities that are not very
popularhere.

But Lucee is a Swiss company, so why aren't European companies interesting?

I know that Zalando (European online clothing shop) uses Postgres (they have published several tools around it) and the
Germanonline tax system uses Postgres (there was a presentation by Alva Freude on the migration from Oracle a few years
ago)

I also found these pages:

  https://enlyft.com/tech/products/postgresql
  https://siftery.com/postgresql
  https://stackshare.io/postgresql
  https://www.builtincolorado.com/companies/tech/postgresql-companies-colorado
  https://www.builtinnyc.com/companies/tech/postgresql-companies-nyc

but I don't know how credible those source are.

Wikipedia lists some names:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL#Notable_users

including the International Space Station ;)

Other Postgres support companies have also published some customer names:

  https://www.enterprisedb.com/customers
  https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/postgresql-overview/solutions-who-uses-postgresql/