Обсуждение: Please update buildfarm members to current script version (REL_10)

Please update buildfarm members to current script version (REL_10)

Дата:
Could I bug people to update their animals to the latest release
of the buildfarm client script?  Since this commit:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=40b132c1a

animals running pre-REL_10 scripts will not report full information
about failures in the pg_upgrade test.  This is particularly problematic
right now, because we're wondering what the heck is going on with
intermittent failures in that test:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/28041.1558408547@sss.pgh.pa.us

There's a patch in place to try to gather more info about that, but
it's useless if the affected animal doesn't capture the regression.diffs
file.  Thus for example, mayfly's latest failure might have yielded
useful information, except it's using REL_8 :-(.  We're only seeing maybe
one occurrence every couple of weeks, so missed opportunities are painful.

Please update at your earliest convenience.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Please update buildfarm members to current script version(REL_10)

От
Bernd Helmle
Дата:
Am Dienstag, den 04.06.2019, 08:02 -0400 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Please update at your earliest convenience.

Will update chub tomorrow.

    Bernd

Re: Please update buildfarm members to current script version(REL_10)

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 6/4/19 8:02 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Could I bug people to update their animals to the latest release
> of the buildfarm client script?  Since this commit:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=40b132c1a
>
> animals running pre-REL_10 scripts will not report full information
> about failures in the pg_upgrade test.  This is particularly problematic
> right now, because we're wondering what the heck is going on with
> intermittent failures in that test:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/28041.1558408547@sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> There's a patch in place to try to gather more info about that, but
> it's useless if the affected animal doesn't capture the regression.diffs
> file.  Thus for example, mayfly's latest failure might have yielded
> useful information, except it's using REL_8 :-(.  We're only seeing maybe
> one occurrence every couple of weeks, so missed opportunities are painful.
>
> Please update at your earliest convenience.

Just getting caught up from being out of town -- will get rhino updated
today.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: Please update buildfarm members to current script version(REL_10)

От
Bernd Helmle
Дата:
Am Dienstag, den 04.06.2019, 17:07 +0200 schrieb Bernd Helmle:
> > Please update at your earliest convenience.
>
> Will update chub tomorrow.

chub should be updated now. Thanks for the hint.

    Bernd

Re: Please update buildfarm members to current script version (REL_10)

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 2:02 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Could I bug people to update their animals to the latest release
> of the buildfarm client script?  Since this commit:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=40b132c1a
>
> animals running pre-REL_10 scripts will not report full information
> about failures in the pg_upgrade test.  This is particularly problematic
> right now, because we're wondering what the heck is going on with
> intermittent failures in that test:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/28041.1558408547@sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> There's a patch in place to try to gather more info about that, but
> it's useless if the affected animal doesn't capture the regression.diffs
> file.  Thus for example, mayfly's latest failure might have yielded
> useful information, except it's using REL_8 :-(.  We're only seeing maybe
> one occurrence every couple of weeks, so missed opportunities are painful.
>
> Please update at your earliest convenience.

FTR I updated lapwing.  I noticed that the non-master branches weren't
being tested for an embarrassing amount for time, so I fixed that at
the same time.

Re: Please update buildfarm members to current script version (REL_10)

От
Sandeep Thakkar
Дата:
Ack. Will update in a day or two.

[...]

Mikael Kjellström
Дата:
On 2019-06-04 14:02, Tom Lane wrote:
> Could I bug people to update their animals to the latest release
> of the buildfarm client script?  Since this commit:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=40b132c1a
>
> animals running pre-REL_10 scripts will not report full information
> about failures in the pg_upgrade test.  This is particularly problematic
> right now, because we're wondering what the heck is going on with
> intermittent failures in that test:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/28041.1558408547@sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> There's a patch in place to try to gather more info about that, but
> it's useless if the affected animal doesn't capture the regression.diffs
> file.  Thus for example, mayfly's latest failure might have yielded
> useful information, except it's using REL_8 :-(.  We're only seeing maybe
> one occurrence every couple of weeks, so missed opportunities are painful.
>
> Please update at your earliest convenience.

I've updated all my critters to REL_10:

loach
sidewinder
curculio