Обсуждение: Mailing list not working

Mailing list not working

От
Ramanarayana
Дата:
Hi,

I am not able to access the mailing list archive. Is the mailing list server down or something?

--
Cheers
Ram 4.0

Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to access the mailing list archive. Is the mailing list
> server down or something?

What kind of problem do you have?

I can see your posting in the archive.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKm4Xs5%2BD%2BgB4yCQtsfKmdTMqvido1k5Qz7iwPAQj8CM-ptiXw%40mail.gmail.com

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Amit Langote
Дата:
On 2019/04/15 15:37, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not able to access the mailing list archive. Is the mailing list
>> server down or something?
>
> What kind of problem do you have?
>
> I can see your posting in the archive.
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKm4Xs5%2BD%2BgB4yCQtsfKmdTMqvido1k5Qz7iwPAQj8CM-ptiXw%40mail.gmail.com

There may have been some glitch for limited time couple of hours ago.  I
too was facing issues accessing the ML archive in the browser, such as
getting "Guru Meditation" / "Error 503 Service Unavailable" error pages.
Also, errors like "Timeout when talking to search server" when doing
keyword search.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Mailing list not working

От
Ramanarayana
Дата:
Hi,

I also got same error couple of hours ago. Now it is working fine.

It would be great to have alerting tools like prometheus to notify users when the server is down

Regards,
Ram.

Re: Mailing list not working

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
I also got same error couple of hours ago. Now it is working fine.

There were network issues in one of the Cisco firewalls for one of our datacenters. It's the only "Enterprise technology" we use for pginfra I think, and it does this every now and then. It was rebooted early this morning and then services recovered.

It would be great to have alerting tools like prometheus to notify users when the server is down

There were hundreds of notifications. But PostgreSQL does not have 24/7 staff (since it's all volunteers), so it takes some times to get things fixed. The issues started just past midnight, and were fixed at about 7:30AM.