Обсуждение: PostgreSQL in out School Project

PostgreSQL in out School Project

От
Nicholas Magann
Дата:
I'm a student at the University of Arizona. My current course is having us pick a product and do a Security Assessment on it. Part of the assessment requires us to obtain any authorization necessary before doing the assessment. Does PostgreSQL require or have any documentation on authorization to do our assessment?
Thanks,
Nicholas Magann

Re: PostgreSQL in out School Project

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Nicholas Magann (nmagann@email.arizona.edu) wrote:
> I'm a student at the University of Arizona. My current course is having us
> pick a product and do a Security Assessment on it. Part of the assessment
> requires us to obtain any authorization necessary before doing the
> assessment. Does PostgreSQL require or have any documentation on
> authorization to do our assessment?

You are not required to obtain authorization to perform any kind of
assessment you'd like for PostgreSQL.

In the event that you find issues in PostgreSQL which are not publicly
known, we do ask that report them to security@postgresql.org as
discussed here:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/security/

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Re: PostgreSQL in out School Project

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 4/5/19 12:10 PM, Nicholas Magann wrote:
> I'm a student at the University of Arizona. My current course is having
> us pick a product and do a Security Assessment on it. Part of the
> assessment requires us to obtain any authorization
> necessary before doing the assessment. Does PostgreSQL require or have
> any documentation on authorization to do our assessment?

No on requirement.

Documentation:
https://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PostgreSQL in out School Project

От
Ron
Дата:
On 4/5/19 2:10 PM, Nicholas Magann wrote:
> I'm a student at the University of Arizona. My current course is having us
> pick a product and do a Security Assessment on it. Part of the assessment
> requires us to obtain any authorization necessary before doing the
> assessment. Does PostgreSQL require or have any documentation on
> authorization to do our assessment?
> Thanks,
> Nicholas Magann

Note that PostgreSQL is pretty darned big, and it's beyond the semester
midpoint.  What kind of Security Assessment do you need to do?