Обсуждение: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
David Steele
Дата:
Hackers,

The 2019-03 CF is almost upon us.  The CF will officially start at 00:00
AoE (12:00 UTC) on Friday, March 1st.

Any large, new patches submitted at the last moment will likely be
labelled as targeting PG13 and may be pushed off to the 2017-07 CF as
well.  With the new labeling scheme it is not quite as important to keep
PG13 patches out of this CF but we'll see how the community feels about
that as we go.

If you have a patch that has been Waiting on Author without any
discussion since before the last CF ended then you should submit a new
patch for the start of the 2019-03 CF.

Happy Hacking!

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi David,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:05:33AM +0200, David Steele wrote:
> The 2019-03 CF is almost upon us.  The CF will officially start at 00:00 AoE
> (12:00 UTC) on Friday, March 1st.

Thanks for the reminder.

> If you have a patch that has been Waiting on Author without any discussion
> since before the last CF ended then you should submit a new patch for the
> start of the 2019-03 CF.

So do we have anybody willing to take the glorious position of CFM for
this commit fest?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

Дата:
> So do we have anybody willing to take the glorious position of CFM for
> this commit fest?

IIRC, Steele already said he'd do it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:47:06PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> So do we have anybody willing to take the glorious position of CFM for
>> this commit fest?
>
> IIRC, Steele already said he'd do it.

Okay, fine for me of course if that's the case!  For what it's worth,
I did not understand that he wanted to be CFM, I just understood that
this email is a reminder that the CF will begin...  These are quite
separate things.

Sorry for being confused.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
David Steele
Дата:
On 3/1/19 8:19 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:47:06PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>>> So do we have anybody willing to take the glorious position of CFM for
>>> this commit fest?
>>
>> IIRC, Steele already said he'd do it.
>
> Okay, fine for me of course if that's the case!  For what it's worth,
> I did not understand that he wanted to be CFM, I just understood that
> this email is a reminder that the CF will begin...  These are quite
> separate things.
>
> Sorry for being confused.
Not at all.  I volunteered on the thread closing out the last CF so it
wasn't that obvious.

So, yes, I am the CFM.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2019-02-28 11:05:33 +0200, David Steele wrote:
> The 2019-03 CF is almost upon us.  The CF will officially start at 00:00 AoE
> (12:00 UTC) on Friday, March 1st.

I'd like to move all the CF entries targeting v13 at this time. We might
get a patch or five more committed in the next two days, but I doubt any
meaningful review is going to be done for v13 items - and we're past the
normal CF end anyway.  Mainly want to make triaging the remaining items
a bit easier.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
David Steele
Дата:
Hi Andres,

I’m just about to board a plane for the rest of the day.  I can do that when I get home tonight or anyone else is
welcometo do so.  If I can get internet on the flight I’ll do it myself but I have not had much luck with that
recently.

- David

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 03:15, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 2019-02-28 11:05:33 +0200, David Steele wrote:
>> The 2019-03 CF is almost upon us.  The CF will officially start at 00:00 AoE
>> (12:00 UTC) on Friday, March 1st.
>
> I'd like to move all the CF entries targeting v13 at this time. We might
> get a patch or five more committed in the next two days, but I doubt any
> meaningful review is going to be done for v13 items - and we're past the
> normal CF end anyway.  Mainly want to make triaging the remaining items
> a bit easier.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andres Freund

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
David Steele
Дата:
>>> On 2019-02-28 11:05:33 +0200, David Steele wrote:
>>> The 2019-03 CF is almost upon us.  The CF will officially start at 00:00 AoE
>>> (12:00 UTC) on Friday, March 1st.
>>
>> I'd like to move all the CF entries targeting v13 at this time. We might
>> get a patch or five more committed in the next two days, but I doubt any
>> meaningful review is going to be done for v13 items - and we're past the
>> normal CF end anyway.  Mainly want to make triaging the remaining items
>> a bit easier.

OK, these have all been pushed now.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 04:52:42PM -0400, David Steele wrote:
> OK, these have all been pushed now.

Please note that the commit fest has been closed as a result of the
feature freeze, any remaining items have been moved to the next CF if
they still were in "Needs Review" state and patches waiting on author
have been marked as returned with feedback.  Bug fixes have all been
moved to the next CF.

Here is the final score:
Committed: 100.
Moved to next CF: 82.
Withdrawn: 5.
Rejected: 3.
Returned with Feedback: 17.
Total: 207.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: 2019-03 Starts Tomorrow

От
Pavel Stehule

út 9. 4. 2019 v 6:04 odesílatel Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> napsal:
On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 04:52:42PM -0400, David Steele wrote:
> OK, these have all been pushed now.

Please note that the commit fest has been closed as a result of the
feature freeze, any remaining items have been moved to the next CF if
they still were in "Needs Review" state and patches waiting on author
have been marked as returned with feedback.  Bug fixes have all been
moved to the next CF.

Here is the final score:
Committed: 100.
Moved to next CF: 82.