Обсуждение: Commitfest delayed: extend it?

Commitfest delayed: extend it?

От
David Fetter
Дата:
Folks,

We're 10 days into the Commitfest, the first few having been the new
year, with people maybe paying attention to other things.

I'd like to propose extending this CF by some period, maybe as long
as ten days, so people get all the opportunities they might have had
if it had started on time.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Re: Commitfest delayed: extend it?

Дата:
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> We're 10 days into the Commitfest, the first few having been the new
> year, with people maybe paying attention to other things.
> I'd like to propose extending this CF by some period, maybe as long
> as ten days, so people get all the opportunities they might have had
> if it had started on time.

I think it *did* start on time, at least people have been acting like
it was on.  It just wasn't very official.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Commitfest delayed: extend it?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2019-Jan-10, Tom Lane wrote:

> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> > We're 10 days into the Commitfest, the first few having been the new
> > year, with people maybe paying attention to other things.
> > I'd like to propose extending this CF by some period, maybe as long
> > as ten days, so people get all the opportunities they might have had
> > if it had started on time.
>
> I think it *did* start on time, at least people have been acting like
> it was on.  It just wasn't very official.

It has definitely started, at least for me :-)

We're going to have a bit of a triage session in the FOSDEM dev's
meeting, on Jan 31st, right at the end.  I think that will be a good
opportunity to give some final cleanup, and we should close it then or
shortly thereafter.

Re: Commitfest delayed: extend it?

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 05:44:34PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> It has definitely started, at least for me :-)

Yes, there is no point in extending or delaying it.

> We're going to have a bit of a triage session in the FOSDEM dev's
> meeting, on Jan 31st, right at the end.  I think that will be a good
> opportunity to give some final cleanup, and we should close it then or
> shortly thereafter.

A lot of folks are going to be there then (not me)?  If it is possible
to get the CF closed more or less on time using this method that would
be nice.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Commitfest delayed: extend it?

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 09:53:16AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 05:44:34PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > It has definitely started, at least for me :-)
>
> Yes, there is no point in extending or delaying it.
>
> > We're going to have a bit of a triage session in the FOSDEM dev's
> > meeting, on Jan 31st, right at the end.  I think that will be a
> > good opportunity to give some final cleanup, and we should close
> > it then or shortly thereafter.
>
> A lot of folks are going to be there then (not me)?  If it is
> possible to get the CF closed more or less on time using this method
> that would be nice.

Consensus having been reached, I'll aim for 1/31 or 2/1 at the latest.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!