Обсуждение: Commit fest 2018-09

Commit fest 2018-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

We are already in September, hence it is time to move on with the 2nd
commit fest for v12.  As usual, there are many patches waiting for
review and integration:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/19/
With a couple of days of delay, I have switched the CF app as
in-progress on Tuesday AOE.  Please note that I am fine to act as CFM
and help with the patch classification.  If somebody wishes to act as
such and is familiar with the community process, feel free to reply to
this thread to manifest yourself.

If you are a patch author, please note that the commit fest relies on
the balance between patches submitted and patch reviews done.  If you
are not reviewing a patch for one patch submitted, please make sure to
look at something with equal difficulty.  Doing more reviews than patch
authoring is not that bad either, quite the contrary :)

If you are a patch reviewer and is registered as such, it is equally
important to make progress so as something can get integrated in the
tree.  Please make sure to discuss things at the extent of what you
know, and do not hesitate to discover new areas of the code and
knowledge around it.  There are many patches around waiting for your
lookup.

If you are a committer, there are currently 11 patches waiting for
a commit.  Hence if you are registered already let's move on with the
patch integration.  There are also a couple of patches which have not
been looked at.

Thanks, and happy hacking.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Commit fest 2018-09

От
Dmitry Dolgov
Дата:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 at 22:50, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> If somebody wishes to act as such and is familiar with the community process,
> feel free to reply to this thread to manifest yourself.

I always wondered what would be the reaction on a first-time CFM? If it's ok I
would love to try out, but for the next commitfest (and this time I'll watch
CFM activity closer than usual).

Re: Commit fest 2018-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 11:25:01PM +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> I always wondered what would be the reaction on a first-time CFM?

There is a first time for all.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Commit fest 2018-09

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 01:50:23PM -0700, Michael Paquier wrote:
> We are already in September, hence it is time to move on with the 2nd
> commit fest for v12.  As usual, there are many patches waiting for
> review and integration:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/19/
> With a couple of days of delay, I have switched the CF app as
> in-progress on Tuesday AOE.  Please note that I am fine to act as CFM
> and help with the patch classification.  If somebody wishes to act as
> such and is familiar with the community process, feel free to reply to
> this thread to manifest yourself.

And more or less one month later here we are, with the following final
score:
Committed: 46
Moved to next CF: 127
Rejected: 5
Returned with Feedback: 37
Total: 215

I have spent some time classifying the existing entries, roughly moving
to the next commit fest entries which had rather fresh reviews, the
patches which got no reviews.  Patches which did not apply without any
reviews have been moved to the next CF, waiting for their respective
author(s).  Patches not having much activity, or waiting for author
input for more than a couple of weeks have been returned with feedback.

Thanks to all who participated in the patch review, authoring, and
everybody else who helped in making the different patches move forward.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Commit fest 2018-09

Дата:
> Thanks to all who participated in the patch review, authoring, and
> everybody else who helped in making the different patches move forward.

Thanks for being CFM!  I know it's a lot of work ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Commit fest 2018-09

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 10/02/2018 10:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> Thanks to all who participated in the patch review, authoring, and
>> everybody else who helped in making the different patches move forward.
>
> Thanks for being CFM!  I know it's a lot of work ...

+10!

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: Commit fest 2018-09

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 03:52:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 01:50:23PM -0700, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > We are already in September, hence it is time to move on with the 2nd
> > commit fest for v12.  As usual, there are many patches waiting for
> > review and integration:
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/19/
> > With a couple of days of delay, I have switched the CF app as
> > in-progress on Tuesday AOE.  Please note that I am fine to act as CFM
> > and help with the patch classification.  If somebody wishes to act as
> > such and is familiar with the community process, feel free to reply to
> > this thread to manifest yourself.
>
> And more or less one month later here we are, with the following final
> score:
> Committed: 46
> Moved to next CF: 127
> Rejected: 5
> Returned with Feedback: 37
> Total: 215
>
> I have spent some time classifying the existing entries, roughly moving
> to the next commit fest entries which had rather fresh reviews, the
> patches which got no reviews.  Patches which did not apply without any
> reviews have been moved to the next CF, waiting for their respective
> author(s).  Patches not having much activity, or waiting for author
> input for more than a couple of weeks have been returned with feedback.
>
> Thanks to all who participated in the patch review, authoring, and
> everybody else who helped in making the different patches move forward.

Thanks for doing this hard and unglamorous work!

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!