Обсуждение: Global dict name is listed inconsistently

Global dict name is listed inconsistently

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpython-sharing.html

Page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpython-sharing.html  says:
"The global dictionary SD is available to store data between function
calls." few lines lower it says: "global data and function arguments from
myfunc are not available to myfunc2. The exception is the data in the GD
dictionary, as mentioned above." Note that the global dictionary is named
"SD" in the first quote and "GD" in the second one.

Please correct either first or second sentence.

Kind regards,

Adam Bielański
Happy PostgreSQL user :)

Re: Global dict name is listed inconsistently

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 09:17:35AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpython-sharing.html
>
> Page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpython-sharing.html  says:
> "The global dictionary SD is available to store data between function
> calls." few lines lower it says: "global data and function arguments from
> myfunc are not available to myfunc2. The exception is the data in the GD
> dictionary, as mentioned above." Note that the global dictionary is named
> "SD" in the first quote and "GD" in the second one.
>
> Please correct either first or second sentence.

Well, the documentation is correct, but obviously not clear.  I have the
attached patch which modifies the documentation and clarifies this
issue.  Does it help you?

Re: Global dict name is listed inconsistently

От
Adam
Дата:
Yes, it does, thank you.

Now it's clear why there are two different names.

Best regards,

Adam Bielański

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

Re: Global dict name is listed inconsistently

Дата:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 08:43:21PM +0200, Adam wrote:
> Yes, it does, thank you.
>
> Now it's clear why there are two different names.

Patch backpatched through 9.3.  Thanks for the report.