Обсуждение: how to modify the navfooter

how to modify the navfooter

От
Richard Swagerman
Дата:
Where is the content of the navfooter established?
I would like to make some modifications to this footer, but I am unable to figure out where the source that generates it.

I am building the documentation following the instructions from "Building The Documentation" in Appendix J, currently on 9.6.

I am using the command:
make STYLE=website html

I can see the generated navfooter div section in the output html. I must be missing something, because I cannot find a file in the git branch that includes the class named "navfooter" or or any other words like "Navigation footer", "Next", or "Prev".

I have limited understanding of stylesheets (whether dsl or xsl), but I am hoping that I can make the small modifications needed for our use.

I am also curious about the docFooter div section that appears in the publicly published PostgreSQL documentation pages. It does not appear when I build the docs.
Is there a reason that the copyright does not appear on each page when I do the doc build?
Is there some way to get it included when I do the doc build?
What file is used that contains the format (style?) info for that generated html div section?

I would appreciate any assistance from those in the community that understand something about these footers.
...Rick Swagerman

Re: how to modify the navfooter

Дата:
Richard Swagerman <rswagerman@salesforce.com> writes:
> Where is the content of the navfooter established?
> I would like to make some modifications to this footer, but I am unable to
> figure out where the source that generates it.

It's not in the XML doc sources, for sure.  I believe our website wraps
the HTML generated from the XML in some other stuff, but I don't know any
details.  If nobody pops up here and answers your question in a reasonable
amount of time, try over at pgsql-www.

            regards, tom lane

Re: how to modify the navfooter

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"

Where is the content of the navfooter established?
I would like to make some modifications to this footer, but I am unable to figure out where the source that generates it.

I am building the documentation following the instructions from "Building The Documentation" in Appendix J, currently on 9.6.

I am using the command:
make STYLE=website html

I can see the generated navfooter div section in the output html. I must be missing something, because I cannot find a file in the git branch that includes the class named "navfooter" or or any other words like "Navigation footer", "Next", or "Prev".

I have limited understanding of stylesheets (whether dsl or xsl), but I am hoping that I can make the small modifications needed for our use.

I’m not as familiar with the doc builds but it looks like this is available
in the “stylesheet.xsl” file.

I am also curious about the docFooter div section that appears in the publicly published PostgreSQL documentation pages. It does not appear when I build the docs.
Is there a reason that the copyright does not appear on each page when I do the doc build?
Is there some way to get it included when I do the doc build?
What file is used that contains the format (style?) info for that generated html div section?

That is in the pgweb[1] project, i.e. this file[2]. My understanding
is that probably will not be included in the doc build, as there is
content in it that is specific to the website :-)

[2] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=blob;f=templates/docs/docspage.html;
Вложения

Re: how to modify the navfooter

От
Richard Swagerman
Дата:
Thank you Tom and Jonathan for your responses.

I am now looking at the stylesheet.xsl from after 9.6, and I do see these lines in the file:
  <xsl:if test="$row1 or $row2">
The generated html files clearly have a div tag and a table tag that match this. So I can understand what generates the header.

What baffles me is that the generated html files also include these tags at the bottom of each file:
I do not see anything in stylesheet.xsl that looks anything like this.
Does anyone know where the "magic incantations" are that generate this navfooter?
...Rick Swagerman

[...]

Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 14/08/2018 23:56, Richard Swagerman wrote:
> What baffles me is that the generated html files also include these tags
> at the bottom of each file:
> I do not see anything in stylesheet.xsl that looks anything like this.
> Does anyone know where the "magic incantations" are that generate this
> navfooter?

This comes from the DocBook XSL stylesheets.  The stuff in
stylesheet.xsl and similar is just a customization layer on top of those.