Обсуждение: code of partition split

code of partition split

От
Chenxi Li
Дата:
Hi hackers,

I'm interested in partition split and want to figure out how it works. Could someone tell me where the code is located? Thanks very much.

Best Regards,
Chenxi li

Re: code of partition split

От
Amit Langote
Дата:
Hi.

On 2018/07/23 12:08, Chenxi Li wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> I'm interested in partition split and want to figure out how it works.
> Could someone tell me where the code is located? Thanks very much.

Can you tell what you mean by "partition split"?  I don't know of an
existing feature / command that can be used to split a partition.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: code of partition split

От
amul sul
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 8:38 AM Chenxi Li <spiritlcx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi hackers,
>
> I'm interested in partition split and want to figure out how it works. Could someone tell me where the code is
located?Thanks very much.

AFAIK, we don't have this SPLIT partition feature, yet.

Regards,
Amul

Re: code of partition split

От
Chenxi Li
Дата:
Hi,

Sorry that I misunderstood. The feature is provided in EnterpriseDB version of Postgresql.

BTW, do you think it is needed?

Best Regards,
Chenxi Li

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 8:38 AM Chenxi Li <spiritlcx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi hackers,
>
> I'm interested in partition split and want to figure out how it works. Could someone tell me where the code is located? Thanks very much.

AFAIK, we don't have this SPLIT partition feature, yet.

Regards,
Amul

Re: code of partition split

От
amul sul
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 11:27 AM Chenxi Li <spiritlcx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry that I misunderstood. The feature is provided in EnterpriseDB version of Postgresql.
>
> BTW, do you think it is needed?

It good to have, but for now, I don't think it has any priority
because DETACH and ATTACH operation can serve this purpose.

Regards,
Amul