Обсуждение: 2018-03 CF Cleanup

2018-03 CF Cleanup

От
David Steele
Дата:
Hackers,

I have gone through all the remaining non-bug entries in CF 2018-03 and
pushed them or closed them as appropriate.  The majority of the patches
were in Needs Review or Ready for Committer status and I did a brief
review of each to be sure the state was reasonable.

I moved a few Waiting on Author patches where it looked like the patch
was being actively developed even if there was no new patch.

For the moment I have left all bugs in the 2018-03 CF.  I can can add
them to the "Older Bugs" section of the PG 11 Open Items but I'm not
convinced that is the best way to track them.  If they are added to
"Older Bugs", does that mean they get closed?  Or should we just add a
link to the CF entry in "Older Bugs"?

-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: 2018-03 CF Cleanup

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
David Steele wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> I have gone through all the remaining non-bug entries in CF 2018-03 and
> pushed them or closed them as appropriate.  The majority of the patches
> were in Needs Review or Ready for Committer status and I did a brief
> review of each to be sure the state was reasonable.

Thanks!

> For the moment I have left all bugs in the 2018-03 CF.  I can can add
> them to the "Older Bugs" section of the PG 11 Open Items but I'm not
> convinced that is the best way to track them.  If they are added to
> "Older Bugs", does that mean they get closed?  Or should we just add a
> link to the CF entry in "Older Bugs"?

OpenItem's "Older Bugs" section is generally a way to ignore items
forever (ie., they don't represent a true Open Item for this release.)
I think it's better to move these patches to the next commitfest
instead.

Re: 2018-03 CF Cleanup

От
David Steele
Дата:
On 4/10/18 11:24 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Steele wrote:
>
>> For the moment I have left all bugs in the 2018-03 CF.  I can can add
>> them to the "Older Bugs" section of the PG 11 Open Items but I'm not
>> convinced that is the best way to track them.  If they are added to
>> "Older Bugs", does that mean they get closed?  Or should we just add a
>> link to the CF entry in "Older Bugs"?
>
> OpenItem's "Older Bugs" section is generally a way to ignore items
> forever (ie., they don't represent a true Open Item for this release.)
> I think it's better to move these patches to the next commitfest
> instead.

OK, I did it that way and closed the CF.

-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: 2018-03 CF Cleanup

Дата:
David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:
> OK, I did it that way and closed the CF.

Yay!  And many thanks for your hard work on this.

            regards, tom lane

Re: 2018-03 CF Cleanup

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 03:18:53PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:
>> OK, I did it that way and closed the CF.
>
> Yay!  And many thanks for your hard work on this.

Thanks for the cleanup, David!  That's a hard task.
--
Michael

Вложения