Обсуждение: pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm delighted that there's finally a Debian package for pgAdmin4, and
well done and thanks to the packagers for their hard work.

However, I'm having problems installing it on my Debian Jessie laptop -
I'm probably doing something silly and would appreciate help:

rod@pegasus:~$ sudo apt-get update

[...lots of stuff...]

rod@pegasus:~$ sudo apt-get install pgadmin4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package pgadmin4 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'pgadmin4' has no installation candidate

rod@pegasus:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
# PostgreSQL apt repository.

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ jessie-pgdg main

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 04:17:17PM +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> done and thanks to the packagers for their hard work.

ditto.

> However, I'm having problems installing it on my Debian Jessie laptop - I'm
> probably doing something silly and would appreciate help:

I am running buster and had to temporarily change my sources.list for
the standaard Debian packages  to sid to get all the dependencies.

> What am I doing wrong?

I am not sure.

A second option would be to download the pgadmin4, pgadmin4-common and
pgadmin4-doc packages and then install it using "dpkg -i" which will
through a lot of dependency-missing errors.  Then try apt-get -f
install.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager        Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this e-mail is governed by these terms / Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van
hierdiee-pos word deur die volgende bepalings gere��l. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Re: pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 29/01/18 08:12, Johann Spies wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 04:17:17PM +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> However, I'm having problems installing it on my Debian Jessie laptop - I'm
>> probably doing something silly and would appreciate help:
>
> I am running buster and had to temporarily change my sources.list for
> the standaard Debian packages  to sid to get all the dependencies.
>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I am not sure.
>
> A second option would be to download the pgadmin4, pgadmin4-common and
> pgadmin4-doc packages and then install it using "dpkg -i" which will
> through a lot of dependency-missing errors.  Then try apt-get -f
> install.

Thanks for your response, Johann.

I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find those packages... I've been
hunting in https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/jessie-pgdg/
which corresponds to my Debian version. Where can I find them?

Also, I should have said that

    apt-get update
    apt-cache search pgadmin4

returns no matches. I'm not an apt expert, so maybe I'm doing something
wrong.

Thanks,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 06:31:32PM +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> Thanks for your response, Johann.
>
> I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find those packages... I've
> been hunting in
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/jessie-pgdg/ which

I have looked in the apt.postgresql.org repository and it seems that all
the Packages files are empty.  So I am not sure whether there is a
package for Jessie.

You can go to apt.postgresql.org/pool/main/p and download the debs
mentioned above.

It might be necessary to change your /etc/sources.list to a newer
version of debian before getting "apt-get -f install"  to get all the
dependencies.

Or just upgrade to a newer version of Debian :)

I am not sure whether the method I mentioned will work.  Be careful not
to break your Jessie.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager        Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this e-mail is governed by these terms / Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van
hierdiee-pos word deur die volgende bepalings gere��l. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Re: pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Johann Spies 2018-01-31 <20180131064747.GA15204@sun.ac.za>
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 06:31:32PM +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your response, Johann.
> >
> > I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find those packages... I've
> > been hunting in
> > https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/jessie-pgdg/ which
>
> I have looked in the apt.postgresql.org repository and it seems that all
> the Packages files are empty.  So I am not sure whether there is a
> package for Jessie.

Hi,

there are no pgadmin4 packages for Jessie because that distribution is
missing too many dependencies (python modules). You will have to
upgrade to Debian Stretch to use pgadmin4.

Christoph

Re: pgAdmin4 from apt.postgresql.org

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 31/01/18 11:46, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Johann Spies 2018-01-31 <20180131064747.GA15204@sun.ac.za>
>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 06:31:32PM +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for your response, Johann.
>>>
>>> I'm probably being stupid, but I can't find those packages... I've
>>> been hunting in
>>> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/jessie-pgdg/ which
>>
>> I have looked in the apt.postgresql.org repository and it seems that all
>> the Packages files are empty.  So I am not sure whether there is a
>> package for Jessie.
>
> Hi,
>
> there are no pgadmin4 packages for Jessie because that distribution is
> missing too many dependencies (python modules). You will have to
> upgrade to Debian Stretch to use pgadmin4.

Hi Christoph, thanks for the reply - about time I upgraded so!

Ray.