Обсуждение: [HACKERS] (spelling) Ensure header of postgresql.auto.conf is consistent

[HACKERS] (spelling) Ensure header of postgresql.auto.conf is consistent

От
Feike Steenbergen
Дата:
Attached a patch that ensures the header of postgresql.auto.conf is
consistent, whether created by initdb or recreated when ALTER SYSTEM
is issued.

The tiny difference caused some false-positives on our configuration
management identifying changes, which was enough of an itch for me to
scratch.

regards,

Feike Steenbergen

Re: [HACKERS] (spelling) Ensure header of postgresql.auto.conf is consistent

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello

Attached a patch that ensures the header of postgresql.auto.conf is
consistent, whether created by initdb or recreated when ALTER SYSTEM
is issued.

The tiny difference caused some false-positives on our configuration
management identifying changes, which was enough of an itch for me to
scratch.

Interesting... IMHO this typo should be backpatched to 9.4 when ALTER SYSTEM was introduced.

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL

Re: [HACKERS] (spelling) Ensure header of postgresql.auto.conf is consistent

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting... IMHO this typo should be backpatched to 9.4 when ALTER SYSTEM
> was introduced.

Yeah, that's harmless.
--
Michael

Re: [HACKERS] (spelling) Ensure header of postgresql.auto.conf is consistent

Дата:
Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> writes:
> Em qui, 9 de nov de 2017 às 06:15, Feike Steenbergen <
> feikesteenbergen@gmail.com> escreveu:
>> Attached a patch that ensures the header of postgresql.auto.conf is
>> consistent, whether created by initdb or recreated when ALTER SYSTEM
>> is issued.

> Interesting... IMHO this typo should be backpatched to 9.4 when ALTER
> SYSTEM was introduced.

Agreed, and done.