Обсуждение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.

[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.

Дата:
Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.

* Our own version of getopt_long doesn't support abbreviation of
long options.

* It doesn't do automatic rearrangement of non-option arguments to the end,
either.

* Test was way too optimistic about the platform independence of
NaN and Infinity outputs.  I rather imagine we might have to lose
those tests altogether, but for the moment just allow case variation
and fully spelled out Infinity.

Per buildfarm.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/869aa40a27fa4908ad4112f1079bf732d1a12e13

Modified Files

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in newpgbench TAP tests.

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
> Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.

Most where hard to guess without having the report. Thanks.

> * Test was way too optimistic about the platform independence of
> NaN and Infinity outputs.  I rather imagine we might have to lose
> those tests altogether, but for the moment just allow case variation
> and fully spelled out Infinity.

Yep. I've seen strange things on these. I wonder whether all test platform
are IEEE 754 conforming.

--
Fabien.

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in newpgbench TAP tests.

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
Hello,

Please find attached "blind" additional fixes for Windows & AIX.

  - more nan/inf variants
  - different message on non existing user
  - illegal vs unrecognized options

I suspect that $windows_os is not true on "bowerbird", in order to fix it
the value of "$Config{osname}" is needed...

--
Fabien.

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix assorted portability issues in new pgbench TAP tests.

Дата:
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> Please find attached "blind" additional fixes for Windows & AIX.

>   - more nan/inf variants

I think we should just drop this.  It's not worth the trouble,
and I have no faith whatsoever that we've seen every behavior.

>   - different message on non existing user

Ditto.  It's not only not worth the trouble, it's out of scope for
pgbench tests.  A single connection-failure test case seems plenty
to me, and the no-such-database case is enough for that.

> I suspect that $windows_os is not true on "bowerbird", in order to fix it
> the value of "$Config{osname}" is needed...

I looked at sub psql and noted that it was disassembling the $? result
without any platform-specific hacks.  So I've made command_checks_all
do likewise, and also notice crashes if any.