Обсуждение: [HACKERS] FYI: branch for v11 devel is planned for next week

[HACKERS] FYI: branch for v11 devel is planned for next week

Дата:
The release team discussed this a couple weeks ago, but I don't
think anybody mentioned it on -hackers: v10 seems to be in good
enough shape that it's okay to make the REL_10_STABLE branch soon,
and open HEAD for v11 development.

Last year we branched on Aug 15, and we should be able to keep
to the same schedule.  Barring objections or bad bugs showing up
soon, I'll make the branch early next week.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] FYI: branch for v11 devel is planned for next week

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The release team discussed this a couple weeks ago, but I don't
> think anybody mentioned it on -hackers: v10 seems to be in good
> enough shape that it's okay to make the REL_10_STABLE branch soon,
> and open HEAD for v11 development.
>
> Last year we branched on Aug 15, and we should be able to keep
> to the same schedule.  Barring objections or bad bugs showing up
> soon, I'll make the branch early next week.

Thanks for letting know in advance.
--
Michael

I wrote:
> The release team discussed this a couple weeks ago, but I don't
> think anybody mentioned it on -hackers: v10 seems to be in good
> enough shape that it's okay to make the REL_10_STABLE branch soon,
> and open HEAD for v11 development.

> Last year we branched on Aug 15, and we should be able to keep
> to the same schedule.  Barring objections or bad bugs showing up
> soon, I'll make the branch early next week.

If no objections, I'll make the v10 branch later today, say around
2100 UTC.
        regards, tom lane