Обсуждение: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin 4 version 1.6. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes over 70 bug fixes and a dozen new features. For details, please see the release notes (https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/dev/release_notes_1_6.html).

Notable changes in this release include:

* Significant performance improvements on Windows, massively reducing initial load time and improving UI response for the vast majority of users during testing.

* Enhancements to the Query Tool enabling the viewing of large query resultsets far more quickly. For example, a simple test query with 96K rows rendered results within 1 second vs. 22 seconds in pgAdmin III during testing!

* A major rewrite of the Query History tab allows browsing of queries executed in the query tool with full details including the entire query, in a much nicer user interface.

* The Desktop Runtime now supports detachable tabs, allowing the Query Tool and Debugger to be opened in new tabs and then moved to alternate displays (from 1.5 this was possible in web mode only)

* The Query Tool's Results Grid has been overhauled with a new, sleek look an feel supporting selection of arbitrary rows, columns or blocks of cells with full copy support and column sizing retention.

* The Dashboard tab can now be closed if desired, to minimise query traffic resulting from graph updates.

For more information, checkout the online documentation, and of course the download page:

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Anthony DeBarros
Дата:
Congrats to the team. This one seems like a milestone!

To the Pivotal team: Great work on the design!

[...]

Дата:
[...]

"Lazaro Garcia"

The download links are wrong, the links downloads 1.5 and not 1.6.

Regards.

[...]

Neel Patel
Дата:

Neel Patel

I downloaded the Windows pgAdmin 1.6 version, and after launching it, it simply shows a black display. My colleague also on Windows 10 had the same experience.

Does this sound like a known problem?

It is not an issue with 1.6. This is due to previous "ActiveQt" testing build using different zoom level.
To resolve the issue press Ctrl 0.

Shira

[...]

​

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Neel Patel
Дата:

Neel Patel

[...]

Darren Duncan
Дата:
This is just speculation, but could any vestiges of the old version's server
still be running and are interfering with the new one, such as by trying to use
the same server port?  I'd say make sure the old version is shut down first?
Restart Windows if necessary. -- Darren Duncan

On 2017-07-13 11:53 PM, Pawel Hadam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have also installed "pgadmin4-1.6-x86.exe" on Windows 10 PRO (AMD
> FX, 6 cores, 16 GB RAM, SSD) and tried to run it. After 1min 58 sec I
> got a message saying "The application server could not be contacted".
>
> pgAdmin 4 v 1.5 was starting successfully in 55-60 sec. before I did
> this installation. Nothing else has changed, just reinstalled pgAdmin.
>
> Anybody had the same error and any ideas what's wrong?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Pawel

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks, fixed.

[...]

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks, fixed.

[...]

Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian
Jessie), and I've got as far as:
   python setup.py

I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way
through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "setup.py", line 23, in <module>    from pgadmin import create_app  File
"/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py",line 19, in <module>    from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN

ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin

I can't find any corresponding Debian package for flask_htmlmin - what
should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
[...]

Khushboo Vashi

I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian Jessie), and I've got as far as:

   python setup.py

I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 23, in <module>
    from pgadmin import create_app
  File "/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN
ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin

Please refer README file for the proper installation steps (Configuring Python Environment section) .

[...]

Christoph Berg
Дата:
I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian
Jessie), and I've got as far as:

python setup.py

I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way
through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 23, in <module>
from pgadmin import create_app
File "/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN
ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin

I can't find any corresponding Debian package for flask_htmlmin - what
should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Ray.

We are working on packaging the missing Python modules for Debian stretch and Jessie. Should be ready over the next weeks, including pgadmin4 packages on apt.postgresql.org.

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Christoph Berg
Дата:
[...]

Дата:
On 14/07/17 13:04, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Am 14. Juli 2017 12:48:16 MESZ schrieb Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian
>     Jessie), and I've got as far as:
>
>          pythonsetup.py <http://setup.py>
>
>     I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way
>     through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>         File "setup.py <http://setup.py>", line 23, in <module>
>           from pgadmin import create_app
>         File "/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
>           from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN
>     ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin
>

>     I can't find any corresponding Debian package for flask_htmlmin - what
>     should I be looking for?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Ray.
>

> We are working on packaging the missing Python modules for Debian
> stretch and Jessie. Should be ready over the next weeks, including
> pgadmin4 packages on apt.postgresql.org <http://apt.postgresql.org>.

Thanks, Christoph - delighted to hear that there's a package on the way
- that'll make life a lot easier for non-Python people like me.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 14/07/17 13:04, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Am 14. Juli 2017 12:48:16 MESZ schrieb Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian
>     Jessie), and I've got as far as:
>
>          pythonsetup.py <http://setup.py>
>
>     I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way
>     through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>         File "setup.py <http://setup.py>", line 23, in <module>
>           from pgadmin import create_app
>         File "/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
>           from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN
>     ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin
>

>     I can't find any corresponding Debian package for flask_htmlmin - what
>     should I be looking for?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Ray.
>

> We are working on packaging the missing Python modules for Debian
> stretch and Jessie. Should be ready over the next weeks, including
> pgadmin4 packages on apt.postgresql.org <http://apt.postgresql.org>.

Thanks, Christoph - delighted to hear that there's a package on the way
- that'll make life a lot easier for non-Python people like me.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 14/07/17 12:52, Khushboo Vashi wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie
> <mailto:rod@iol.ie>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian
>     Jessie), and I've got as far as:
>
>         python setup.py
>
>     I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way
>     through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "setup.py", line 23, in <module>
>          from pgadmin import create_app
>        File "/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
>          from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN
>     ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin
>

> Please refer README file for the proper installation steps (Configuring
> Python Environment section) .

Thanks Khushboo, but I was trying to get it running under Apache by
following the online documentation - sorry, I should have said that in
my previous email. The README doesn't address requirements for this.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.6 Released!

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 14/07/17 12:52, Khushboo Vashi wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie
> <mailto:rod@iol.ie>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm trying to install pgAdmin4 in server mode on my laptop (Debian
>     Jessie), and I've got as far as:
>
>         python setup.py
>
>     I don't have a python environment set up, so I'm apt-getting my way
>     through various unmet dependencies, and one has defeated me:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "setup.py", line 23, in <module>
>          from pgadmin import create_app
>        File "/var/www/pgadmin/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
>          from flask_htmlmin import HTMLMIN
>     ImportError: No module named flask_htmlmin
>

> Please refer README file for the proper installation steps (Configuring
> Python Environment section) .

Thanks Khushboo, but I was trying to get it running under Apache by
following the online documentation - sorry, I should have said that in
my previous email. The README doesn't address requirements for this.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie