Обсуждение: [pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

[pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

I've been working on building Docker images based on PGDG RPMs recently. The
project website is https://www.pgdocker.org/ , and the git repo is in here http
s://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=tree;f=docker

Given that community does not provide official images yet, I propose these
images to be promoted as the official images: Placed under postgresql.org,
maintained under a separate repo for all people who want to contribute, etc.

We can add more images based on our APT repo as well, if someone works on them,
for sure.

Comments?

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: [pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
On 2017-06-05 16:16, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on building Docker images based on PGDG RPMs
> recently. The
> project website is https://www.pgdocker.org/ , and the git repo is in
> here http
> s://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=tree;f=docker
>
> Given that community does not provide official images yet, I propose
> these
> images to be promoted as the official images: Placed under
> postgresql.org,
> maintained under a separate repo for all people who want to contribute,
> etc.
>
> We can add more images based on our APT repo as well, if someone works
> on them,
> for sure.
>
> Comments?

Sounds useful. :)

+ Justin

Re: [pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> I've been working on building Docker images based on PGDG RPMs recently. The
> project website is https://www.pgdocker.org/ , and the git repo is in here http
> s://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=tree;f=docker

Are there more committers?

Re: [pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Alvaro,

On Mon, 2017-06-05 at 12:58 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Are there more committers?

They are currently under pgrpms repo, so a few people can commit to it: Me,
Jeff and John (I'll add him today).

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: [pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 6/5/17 11:16, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> I've been working on building Docker images based on PGDG RPMs recently.

What if someone comes along and wants to build "official" Docker images
based on Debian packages?

Re: [pgsql-www] Proposing "official" docker images

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 23:15 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> What if someone comes along and wants to build "official" Docker images
> based on Debian packages?

Read the last paragraph of my first post, please.