Обсуждение: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

[pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:

RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical

I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org and apt.postgresql.org show up as the first alternative, and distro builtin below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than upstream IMNSHO, because they support multiple versions and things like that.

Thoughts?

--

Re: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
Dave Page
> Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:
>
> RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
> Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical
>

> I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org and
> apt.postgresql.org show up as the first alternative, and distro builtin
> below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than
> upstream IMNSHO, because they support multiple versions and things like
> that.
>
> Thoughts?

Agreed.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
Stephen Frost
> Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:
>
> RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
> Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical
>

> I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org
> and apt.postgresql.org show up as the first alternative, and distro builtin
> below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than
> upstream IMNSHO, because they support multiple versions and things like
> that.
>
> Thoughts?

+1

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"

Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:

RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical

I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org and apt.postgresql.org show up as the first alternative, and distro builtin below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than upstream IMNSHO, because they support multiple versions and things like that.

Thoughts?

+1

Re: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
Christophe Pettus
Дата:
> On May 23, 2017, at 12:21, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>

>> On May 23, 2017, at 3:02 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>
>> Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:
>>
>> RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
>> Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical
>>

>> I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org and apt.postgresql.org show up as the first
alternative,and distro builtin below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than upstream IMNSHO,
becausethey support multiple versions and things like that.

>> Thoughts?
>
> +1

+1

--
-- Christophe Pettus  xof@thebuild.com

Re: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 05/23/2017 12:22 PM, Christophe Pettus wrote:

>>> I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org and apt.postgresql.org show up as the
firstalternative, and distro builtin below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than upstream
IMNSHO,because they support multiple versions and things like that.

>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> +1
>
> +1

+1

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

Re: [pgsql-www] Download page order (linux)

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 21:02 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:
>
> RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
> Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical
>

> I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org
> and apt.postgresql.org show up as the first alternative, and distro builtin
> below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than
> upstream IMNSHO, because they support multiple versions and things like
> that.
>
> Thoughts?

+1 ;)

Devrim Gündüz

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 21:02 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Right now, the order of tihngs on our download pages are:
>
> RedHat:  Distro builtin > yum.pg.org > Direct RPM > Cross distro > Graphical
> Debian: Distro builtin > apt.pg.org > backports > Graphical
>

> I would like to suggest that we reorder those so that yum.postgresql.org
> and apt.postgresql.org show up as the first alternative, and distro builtin
> below that one. Since both apt and yum tend to be a better choice than
> upstream IMNSHO, because they support multiple versions and things like
> that.
>
> Thoughts?

+1 ;)

Done.