Обсуждение: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/

[pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Is a bit out of date...

Ingres is not owned by CA anymore. It is GPL and out in the wild.
--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

Re: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/

От
Melvin Davidson

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Is a bit out of date...

Ingres is not owned by CA anymore. It is GPL and out in the wild.
--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/
                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

>Ingres is not owned by CA anymore. It is GPL and out in the wild.

Actually, it's owned by Actian

https://www.actian.com/data-management/ingres-sql-rdbms/

--
Melvin Davidson

Re: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 11:10:39AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Is a bit out of date...
>
> Ingres is not owned by CA anymore. It is GPL and out in the wild.

It's actually owned by Actian, which is to say that it's still
proprietary, whatever license it has at the moment.

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/

От
Joshua Drake

On May 15, 2017 07:33, "David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 11:10:39AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Is a bit out of date...
>
> Ingres is not owned by CA anymore. It is GPL and out in the wild.

It's actually owned by Actian, which is to say that it's still
proprietary, whatever license it has at the moment.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778  AIM: dfetter666  Yahoo!: dfetter
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: david(dot)fetter(at)gmail(dot)com

Remember to vote!

Re: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:16:06AM -0700, Joshua Drake wrote:
> On May 15, 2017 07:33, "David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 11:10:39AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Is a bit out of date...
> > >
> > > Ingres is not owned by CA anymore. It is GPL and out in the wild.
> >
> > It's actually owned by Actian, which is to say that it's still
> > proprietary, whatever license it has at the moment.
>
> https://github.com/fosslc/Ingres/blob/master/src/LICENSE.gpl

Was there something unclear about what I wrote?

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/