Обсуждение: [pgadmin-support] unable to restore database

[pgadmin-support] unable to restore database

От
Daniel Küppers
Дата:
Hi,
i tried to restore a database dump into my local db with pgAdmin4, but
it fails for no reason.
The only thing the dialog outputs is "Restore Job created", nothing
happens afterwards nor can i examine if the job is running.
Do you have a suggestion how to use the Backup and Restore tools in
pgAdmin4?
Environment: pgAdmin4 1.2, Windows 10

Regards, Daniel

Re: [pgadmin-support] unable to restore database

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Daniel,

This is a bug and will be fixed in future release.

~Murtuza

i tried to restore a database dump into my local db with pgAdmin4, but it fails for no reason.
The only thing the dialog outputs is "Restore Job created", nothing happens afterwards nor can i examine if the job is running.
Do you have a suggestion how to use the Backup and Restore tools in pgAdmin4?
Environment: pgAdmin4 1.2, Windows 10

Regards, Daniel

Re: [pgadmin-support] unable to restore database

От
Dave Page
Test build here: https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/pgadmin4-1.2-x86.exe

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> This is a bug and will be fixed in future release.
>
> ~Murtuza
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Daniel Küppers <daniel@tetralog.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> i tried to restore a database dump into my local db with pgAdmin4, but it
>> fails for no reason.
>> The only thing the dialog outputs is "Restore Job created", nothing
>> happens afterwards nor can i examine if the job is running.
>> Do you have a suggestion how to use the Backup and Restore tools in
>> pgAdmin4?
>> Environment: pgAdmin4 1.2, Windows 10
>>
>> Regards, Daniel
>>

>> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-support] unable to restore database

От
Daniel Küppers
Дата:
This works. i can backup and restore the database. i also get the
correct error message when i try to restore a pg_dump file.
But considering that this functionallity is essential, may i ask if
pgAdmin4 is production ready or still in some kind of beta phase?
Im confused, because sometimes things break in the new ui or wont even
show up, take extraordinary long and now this happening.

Thanks Dave for the working build.
> Test build here: https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/pgadmin4-1.2-x86.exe
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> This is a bug and will be fixed in future release.
>>
>> ~Murtuza
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Daniel Küppers <daniel@tetralog.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> i tried to restore a database dump into my local db with pgAdmin4, but it
>>> fails for no reason.
>>> The only thing the dialog outputs is "Restore Job created", nothing
>>> happens afterwards nor can i examine if the job is running.
>>> Do you have a suggestion how to use the Backup and Restore tools in
>>> pgAdmin4?
>>> Environment: pgAdmin4 1.2, Windows 10
>>>
>>> Regards, Daniel
>>>

>>> --

Re: [pgadmin-support] unable to restore database

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Küppers <daniel@tetralog.com> wrote:
> This works. i can backup and restore the database. i also get the correct
> error message when i try to restore a pg_dump file.
> But considering that this functionallity is essential, may i ask if pgAdmin4
> is production ready or still in some kind of beta phase?
> Im confused, because sometimes things break in the new ui or wont even show
> up, take extraordinary long and now this happening.

It's considered production ready. There are bugs of course (there are
in every piece of software), but we haven't released with known
critical issues. Sometimes issues only show up in certain
configurations, and it's impossible for us to test every feasible
combination of scenarios.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: unable to restore database

От
cesalomx
Дата:
Not true. It's 2021 and I am still having the same issue. People saying "oh
no this is is a bug issue and it will be fixed in the next upgrade". L I E.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: unable to restore database

От
Aditya Toshniwal
Дата:
Hi,

Not true. It's 2021 and I am still having the same issue. People saying "oh
no this is is a bug issue and it will be fixed in the next upgrade". L I E.
Some better way to let us know the issue ? Information given is not enough.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin hacker | Sr. Software Engineer | edbpostgres.com